Specialist, Cloud Governance
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
The purpose of the role is to support the Group in maintaining effective governance over its public cloud usage, including ensuring we comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requirements, internal policies and the standards we apply to our use of cloud. Your contribution will primarily be through the provision of pragmatic specialist advice to stakeholders, and working to uplift the knowledge and processes used by a wide group of stakeholders. Key Responsibilities Facilitate Cloud Assessments (60%):
Accountability 2 - Advocate & Champion Cloud Governance and Risk (20%):
- Facilitate appropriate use, materiality and commercial agreement assessments over requests from business, risk, compliance and other operational teams.
- Escalate risks, compliance incidents and breaches to management in a timely manner and support stakeholders with remediation activities required.
Accountability 3 - Support Cloud Governance Team & Platforms (20%):
- Engaging and educating key stakeholders as well as technical and operational teams across the business on cloud governance processes and procedures.
- Act as the key advisory contact for nominated business areas or projects who wish to migrate to cloud.
Accountability 4 - Ongoing risk reporting and performance monitoring
- Execute the program of work required to achieve the desired uplift in risk maturity across Cloud Services.This is expected to include: Cloud risk and controls library, Cloud risk framework, self-service and onboarding material for new cloud consumers, increasing awareness and providing training on cloud and IT risk, cloud usage register.
Skills & Experience
- Report monthly on risk activity, issues and performance.
- Able to work autonomously and maintain effective communication across different business, technical and risk teams with varying levels awareness & knowledge.
- Detailed and process-oriented by nature, with the ability to provide pragmatic advice in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with looking at the wider picture and articulate complex problems in an easy-to-understand and digestible format.
- Experience with IT and security controls and solutions with the ability to drive IT control and risk conversations.
- Experience as an IT risk specialist, Line 1 or 2
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications Close October 18th 2019
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.