TS&T - Consultant - Cloud & Infrastructure Advisory
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- Rewards platform - your hard work won't go unnoticed at Deloitte
- Pathway to Partnership - receive support and mentoring to progress your career
Our Sydney Cloud Consulting practice is expanding and we are looking for a Consultant to join the team.
Our focus is on delivering a full set of advisory, design and implementation services to enable IT to deliver true business value to our client's business. Our main priority is to ensure that we are always able to help our clients align their business and technology strategies and to pursue these in a sustainable and supportive way.
We have clear areas of focus:
- Establishing technology as a key enabler of business strategy through the development of pragmatic Cloud and Infrastructure strategies
- Shaping, building and integrating 'right fit' operating models, architecture plans and Cloud and Infrastructure roadmaps to enable clients to achieve their IT strategic goals
- Helping clients deliver best in class operational performance in the near to medium term
- Developing the business case for change, including Risk and Financial profiles.
As a Consultant within our overall Technology practice, you will be expected to learn, understand and apply Deloitte's methodologies for delivering our core services.
- Support engagement planning - develop and manage project plans, scope, variations, risk, and knowledge management
- Manage client relationships - build and manage relationships, interact with key client stakeholders
- Lead and empower people - manage, counsel and mentor junior team members
- Produce high quality deliverables - support the project team with the delivery of key client objectives and solutions including development of presentations and deliverables, while dividing work into manageable components in accordance with our Cloud and Infrastructure Advisory services and format
- Deliver successful client outcomes - delivering engagements in accordance with our core Cloud and Infrastructure Advisory services: Cloud and Infrastructure Strategy / Operating Model/ Cloud Architecture/ Technology Risk and Financial Services /Business Cases for Change/ ICT Solution Assessment/ Cloud Migration Project Planning
- Business and Practice development - contribute to proposals, workshops, trainings and other initiatives that support the growth and development of the team.
Your role will focus on providing knowledgeable and well-informed advice and the management and delivery of client engagements. Other expectations are described below, in the context of each of our major service areas within Cloud & Infrastructure Advisory: IT Strategy
- Applies knowledge of the use and impact of IT on clients' business and industry in order to identify business requirements, issues and opportunities
- Engages stakeholders through workshops / interviews to gather requirements and conduct IT assessments
- Makes recommendations on the use of technology enablers and relevant industry points of view
- Has experience and knowledge of Operating Model frameworks and Cloud & Infrastructure Strategy
- Can document current-state operational practices and recommend optimal target-state operational practices
- Has an understanding of the different tools and services that can be deployed and combined to address specific articulated and unarticulated client needs
About the team
- Has an understanding of architecture services, hardware, standards, frameworks, and technology
- Has knowledge of technical and application architecture components to develop clear system specifications
- Can clearly articulate the importance of architecture from a business perspective, to guide project decisions.
Welcome to Deloitte's Technology, Strategy & Technology (TS&T) Team in Sydney. Never expect a boring day in Technology Consulting. Every project is different and exciting as you gain experience across a range of clients - from consumer goods, mining, financial services, to telecommunications. Supported with comprehensive training, our tech advisors have a strong foundation in technology and tools that allow us to radically improve and transform IT strategy and enterprise architecture. Enough about us, let's talk about you.
Qualifications, Key Skills, Experience & Knowledge
Core Consulting Skills
- Tertiary Qualification (preferably business or IT)
- Understanding of Cloud Computing Services, Software Development Life-Cycle, and Project Management tools and methodologies such as Agile
- AWS experience is desirable (or similar Cloud platforms such as Azure or GCP).
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders to understand their priorities, value drivers and needs
- Strong ability to provide well-conceived, clearly articulated, pragmatic solutions and recommendations to complex business problems
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load, meet project deadlines, and drive results
- Track record of managing risks and/or managing upwards effectively
- Capability to work effectively as part of an integrated team
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills, including presentations and negotiations
- Advanced command of communication and analytical tools is preferred e.g. MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to communicate complex / technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Proven consulting experience in the context of our major service areas is highly desirable: IT Strategy / Operating Models / CIO services / Cloud / Enterprise Architecture.
Embracing people from different backgrounds and thinking styles is at the very core of Deloitte. We create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to be their best and achieve their full potential.
At Deloitte, the crux of our success lies in our intent to make a difference for our clients, our people and society. From day one, you are part of a community that measures our impact through the value we create, not by the hours we spend at our desk. So we put great thought into agile ways of working, knowing that people work best in different ways. Next Steps
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
If you've got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition team. We'd love to hear from you! Location
: Sydney Salary:
$77,630 total package including superannuation
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP171649