Head, Trade Operations & Service
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Manage Job and work assignment, user profiles, work schedule and man-power resources to achieve improvement of productivity.
- Build morale and motivate subordinate officers and staff members to build up optimum team spirit and productivity
- To align the functioning of the teams to the Bank strategy with a high degree of Client Focus to promote front line business / revenue
- Maintain excellent relationship with customer at both, middle and senior management level
- Cascade this relationship downward to all levels between the CSC and sales team
- Actively solicit customer feedback informally through periodic surveys, on customer satisfaction and needs
- To respond promptly and with a helpful attitude to customer inquiries or requests related to Trade.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the customers to ensure that service issues are promptly escalated and acted upon
Service Delivery and Efficiency
- Highest point of contact / escalation for external clients for professional advice, enquiries, complaints, resolving of discrepancies and transactional errors
- Ensure the provision of the highest standard of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints, to create improved, lasting relationships with our clients
- Responsible for client satisfaction with service arrangements and delivery
- Ensure incidents are managed and resolved in a timely manner. Actively engage with the relevant stakeholders to overcome blockages in resolution of incidents
- Develop and manage KPIs, performance and operational processes
- Manage the resources within service teams to meet and exceed service standards by continuously reviewing and improving service levels within the team
- Monitor the performance of Hub processing centre in accordance with the agreed service standards on a regular basis
- Provide support and recommendations to Hub processing centre to ensure timely resolution in case handling
- Work with internal stakeholders for service requirements, enquiries, and instructions
- Continuously review/monitor workflow and strive for efficiencies in time, costs and service levels
- Lead teams responsible for client service delivery and trade operations
- Manage a service model that is aligned to client value proposition
- Manage the resources within the team to meet and exceed service standards
- Ensure appropriate internal controls and procedures are in place and clearly documented. Monitor and regularly review the procedures and controls to ensure they reflect changes in process, products, policies and regulations
- Manage adherence to policies including escalation and compliance requirements
- Review & monitor workflow for efficiencies in time, costs and service levels
- Plan and implement operations and service improvement initiatives based on metrics, complaints and client insights
- Act as a 'Record owner' for the unit. 'Record Owner' is the person responsible for managing specified categories of Records as agreed.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality standards in line with requirements in Trade Operations. To build up service excellence, customers focus mindset and quality culture in the centre.
- To help the team members in providing full contributions for the projects ensuring that the same are completed within the target dates of completion.
- To carry out research and investigation activities related to Trade related transactions according to defined service standards. To track time to resolution, develop & maintain MIS on service standards
- To review, manage turnaround time of transactions against the SLA and communicate to parties concerned in GBS and RM teams etc. to ensure that the service level meet the target standard.
- Develop Client enquiry management strategies and tactics to create best quality for customer experience and service touch points
- Establish operation processes and procedures to ensure the quality of client service operations, establish measurements, KPIs and management reporting
- To review, manage turnaround time of transactions against service standards. To track time to resolution, develop & maintain MIS on service standards.
People and Talent
- To lead, inspire and motivate the team ensuring that each individual achieves their potential and that the team delivers its collective agenda
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people. Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Reviewing Key Reports generated for CPC Team according to laid down procedures.
- To comply with the groups Sanction Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with the Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious transactions to the Line Manager.
- To monitor accounts under trade cost centre and to ensure proper reconciliation of all trade accounts.
- Ensure client identification is adhered to where required by all staff and the necessary step is incorporated into the relevant process flows.
- Ensure all activities are well documented through process flows with process timings.
- Ensure all process risk steps are performed by the team and ORF requirements are observed.
- Ensure that all control reconciliation activities are conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure timely closure of audit action items tagged to the team.
- Analyse risk data and risk report, where necessary, mitigate and/or escalate to appropriate parties.
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager
- Provide an oversight over the central repository of all contracts (GOI) and ensure it is kept up-to-date.
- All agreement to be renewed on or before the expired date.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Plan and implement service improvement initiatives that lead to service excellence within the team and across departments
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Trade operations team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Corporate and Institutional Banking, Commercial Banking and Transaction Banking
- To act as a sponsor for the CPC for all change initiatives facing Trade Services Operations to ensure that such changes are implemented successfully in the country
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.