Senior Machine Learning/Data Science Engineer
Are you passionate for the latest advances in Data Science, Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing? Come and be part of the IHS Markit's Artificial Intelligence (AI) team! We are building natural language processing, information retrieval, document understanding, data mining and knowledge engineering solutions into IHS Markit intelligent products that serve all major industries and markets.
Minsk engineering division of IHS Markit is looking for a Senior Machine Learning/Data Science Engineer to join our AI Research & Development group. In this role, you will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with consistent project structure and design, dataset and ML/NN architecture, testing, and deployment of high quality state-of-art AI solutions into diversity of IHS Markit products, with respect to innovations, scientific research and experimentation. The kinds of problems you'll work on include:
- Building state of art neural architectures
- Training high quality domain-specific models on latest GPU hardware
- Productionizing neural AI/ML projects
- Hunting for quality datasets, including development from scratch (setting up the right process), for-fee acquisition of existing data, and bootstrapping corpora from messy and/or limited data sources
- Learning and sharing new things around AI, ML, NN, NLP to keep the AI team on the cutting edge
Preferences for candidates
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning/Deep Learning methodologies, math and tricks
- Strong practical experience of creating NN/ML solutions using Python with TensorFlow framework
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- English language (B1+)
- PhD Degree
- Experience in building NLP applications
- Experience in Data Science for NLP/Language Modelling
- Production programming in C++
- Experience with Linux-based OS
We are building next generation knowledge discovery platform empowered with high quality intelligent functions built on top of world class natural language processing engine for 6 languages.
Methods we are using
- Enterprise and industry-wide knowledge management,
- Semantic search,
- Natural language query understanding,
- Question answering and semantic facets,
- Cross-lingual information retrieval,
- Automatic summarization,
- Machine translation,
- Document logical layout understanding,
- Metadata synthesis,
- Subject domain categorization,
- Named entity recognition,
- Key phrase extraction,
- Similarity detection,
- Dynamic data linking,
- Data capturing,
- and much more.
Our values and motivations:
- development of own AI/ML architectures,
- training on powerful private GPU cloud,
- application of state-of-art models,
- domain-specific language representation,
- word-, sentence- and document embedding,
- feature engineering,
- learning to rank,
- dataset development from any sources: raw data bootstrapping, click-data analysis, controlled expert annotations.
- Own unique AI-driven products that work out-of-the-box and loved by world top companies,
- Great colleagues and open atmosphere at workplace,
- Knowledge and discoveries sharing inside and outside the team,
- Participation in international workshops and conferences,
- 'Science Friday' program for self-development,
- Continuous education with invited tutors and paid online programs
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.