ITO Risk and Control Officer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Track initiatives and efficiency for ITO.
- Assurance review- schedule and conduct periodic assurance reviews with a view to be 'ever audit ready'. Leverage Group Subject Matter Experts where necessary.
- Provide high quality service to all internal/external customer segments.
- To ensure all assigned work/transactions are completed without any breach of compliance.
- To ensure all instructions/queries are addressed timely or escalated to the higher authority as appropriate.
- Carry out KCSA/CST/KCI checks as per requirement outlined in eORP for Cash Management.
- Contribute good ideas towards improving turnaround time, enhancing work efficiency and reducing complaints.
- Carry out any other job assigned by the reporting officer/management from time to time.
- The jobholder must ensure she is fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention, KYC requirements. She must ensure all the applicable regulations of the Bank, Group and Country.
- Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner
- Raise RMS as and when required for any request that needs any action from the job holder.
Pro-active Risk Management
- Overall responsible for the preparation, communication, implementation, delivery and expansion of T&O OR plans, working in close cooperation with country (CIO, Legal & Compliance, local/regional Management Groups/Committees) and global (GSSC, Group T&O Governance & Controls, and Group Operational Risk).
- Support the country COO as the Risk Control Owner ("RCO") of ITO Cash Management Operations policies in accordance with the Risk Management Framework.
- In collaboration with L&C, identify, communicate and expedite changes to comply with any new and amended regulations across T&O.
- Represent Group R&C ITO at the country level for implementation of standards, continuous improvement programs and strategic transformations.
- Process Risk Analysis & Risk Register - working with Group Product G&C and Group OR, apply group defined process to identify potential events and agree on gross risk.
- Control Design - assess 'potential failure events' and arrive at key controls, key control indicators, key risk indicators, control sample test parameters and determine residual risk.
- Peer Reviews/Risk Assurance - schedule periodic peer reviews with a view to be 'ever audit ready'. Leverage Group Subject Matter Experts where necessary.
- Conduct 'Process Risk Analysis', automation of workflow and change management on the ground.
- Feedback into engineering Group - Regular review defined workflows to improve efficiency and control design towards automation and preventive management.
Risk Identification, Assessments, Measurements, Acceptance and Monitoring
- Control Testing/Risk Identification - determine effectiveness/ineffectiveness of defined controls and arrive at control strength matrix and on the ground residual risk.
- Risk Acceptance/Treatment Plan/Escalation - for all cases where residual risk is medium, high or very high, prepare a RAT along with treatment plan. Update risk in Group OR systems i.e. Optial/ EORP etc. Monitor progress towards target residual risk.
- Feedback into engineering Group - regular review of controls to improve design towards automation and preventive management.
- Audit Co-ordination (Group + Regulatory) - whilst the primary responsibility for every audit will still remain with the Unit Head, R&C will be expected to play a critical role going forward. Every ROF and quality of its management response will have to be vetted by R&C to ensure that the findings are factually correct and the agreed action plans, along with target dates, are reasonable and achievable. R&C will take joint responsibility for audit outcomes.
- Audit Issue Tracking & Closure - track aging of findings and ensure periodic follow-up. Keep audit informed of progress and ensure any delays in resolution are appropriately approved before due date.
Risk Governance Representation and Preparation of Risk Packs
- Local Interface & main ITO liaison point to Country OR officer
Other Critical ITO Governance Processes
- Mass Incident Management and root cause analysis and closure - assessment of Mission Control/high severity technology incidents, raising of route cause and follow-up on closure of action plans for the responsible units in coordination with T&O units.
- Regulatory Policy - Communication, Acceptance, Implementation Assurance and dispensation management - Support the central governance team in the policy life cycle management using the eCIO policy and service acceptance module.
- Group Product Policy - Communication, Acceptance, Implementation Assurance and dispensation management - Support the central governance team in the policy life cycle management using the eCIO policy and service acceptance module.
- RMF - Technology (including GIS) & GS Policies - design, implementation and governance - own the design, communication, acceptance, implementation, assurance and dispensation management.
- Feedback into engineering Group/Governance Committees. - regular review of treatment plan to improve control design towards automation and preventive management. Identification and escalation of key governance indicators.
- Designing & Rollout Governance Training Plan - Develop a standard training pack and rollout to all units.
- Country CIO
- Country Management committee
- Country Head of Operational Risk
- Country ITO Risk and Control Team
- Regulators and other government departments/officials
- Industry partners, Banking Associations, etc
Our Ideal Candidate
- To develop the spirit of Team Work
- Assist colleagues in their works to manage the work pressure in the department.
- Should be Graduate in any field. Qualification in Business, Accountancy, Commerce or Economics would be advantageous.
- Understanding on Reconciliation Process and Other Banking Operations.
- Relationships with Unit Heads, ORM, Business Unit Heads, Business Operational Risk Managers and Managers in various divisions within ITO to enhance Operational risk management, money laundering prevention, compliance and financial crime issues
- Operational risk management and compliance initiatives
- Should have advance knowledge in MS Excel.
- Well versed with Group Credit Policy and Group accounting policy.
- Able to understand electronic Business Banking System (eBBS).
- Thorough knowledge of group money laundering policies.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills.
- Should have strong analytical skills in identifying and resolving issues.
- Should be able to manage change.
- Patient, have ability to learn and ability to prioritize works.
- Should be able to work under pressure and tight deadline.
- Should be a self-starter and also be proactive.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.