Operations Risk Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following areas:
Operational Risk Management
• To be the source of reference within Operations in facilitating and promoting the understanding of operational risk and compliance requirements.
• Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities, and timely identification and resolution of risk issues.
• Assist Operations Unit Head and Chief Operating Officer (COO) in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the country level.
• Implement controls within Operations to meet all regulatory and internal requirements.
• Identify gaps and arrange training on compliance and operational risk for staff.
• Audit Issue Tracking & Closure - track aging of findings and ensure periodic follow-up. Keep audit informed of progress and ensure any delays in resolution are appropriately approved before due date.
Managing Client Experience
• Work with internal business stakeholders to deliver a high standard of customer service to out-serve competitors.
• Contribute good ideas towards improving turnaround time, enhancing work efficiency and reducing complaints.
Efficient Transaction Processing
• Deliver cost effective, reliable and high-quality processing service standard, accountability and ownership of controls and reconciliation.
Money Laundering Prevention
• Make prompt report of suspicious transactions or proposed transaction according to the documented process on reporting and/or in compliance with local regulatory requirements.
• Fully comply with Group Policy and Standards on Money Laundering Prevention or local regulatory requirements for the prevention of money laundering. Our ideal candidate
• Relevant business experience in operations or business analysis.
• Minimal understanding on Operational Risk (added advantage if in the banking industry) or equivalent experience gained in other organisations.
• Demonstrated history of applying sound judgement with critical thinking skills and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships.
• Strong analytical skills, detail-focused with the ability to interpret large volume of information
• Problem solving skills with ability to influence across all levels of business
• Ability to independently drive initiatives with minimum hands-on supervision
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions. NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our Recruiters from Standard Chartered India via phone/email to progress further in the selection stage.