This position is an actuarial analyst role working within the corporate actuarial team. International Financial Reporting Standards will be enacted in the next couple of years. As this is an entirely new methodology, a significant amount of work is required to ensure that our actuarial models meet the standards. Job responsibilities include: Financial Reporting
- Maintain existing valuation models, including assumption setting
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reserve calculation and analysis
- Quarterly LICAT capital requirements
- Provide information for use in the Annual budget and DCAT analysis.
- Development of new models as required.
Other Responsibilities may include
- Assist in the conversion of our existing models to be compatible with the new standards.
Qualifications EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Assist in producing experience studies
- Support senior staff as necessary
- An undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science / Mathematics.
- Has successfully completed 2-3 Actuarial Exams (offered through the society of Actuaries)
- 0-3 years of experience in the Life Insurance Industry
- Experience using AXIS (actuarial modeling software), Excel is a plus
We're here to help
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.