Application Consultant: Java, Microservices
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
You'll be joining CIBC's Digital Technology group. You'll be at the heart of CIBC's digital transformation, successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale projects involving multiple back-end systems. As an Application Consultant, you will build, implement and maintain easy, flexible, and personalized solutions that enhance the client experience across both Online and Mobile channels. You'll lead the planning and strategy for the technical design, development and integration of these applications. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Design and Development: Perform and coordinate complex application programming activities. Understand the Business requirements and translate them into design specifications to be used by various technology teams. Design and document the application's technical functionality, infrastructure, database, interfaces and integrations.Lead the design of cost-effective and innovative solutions to meet Business objectives, and also align with the technology roadmap.
- Strategic Planning: Contribute to technology roadmaps that align with the bank's vision, strategy, and business objectives. Lead multiple complex projects involving backend systems, new technology, and the enhancement of existing applications.
- Leadership Skills: Act as the solution lead and interface with the project teams by arranging and moderating design review sessions to walk stakeholders through, and ensure that the overall design aligns with Business and project requirements as well as architectural directions. Support and mentor junior designers and developers through knowledge sharing, collaboration and effective problem solving
What CIBC Offers
- You can demonstrate experience in: Java/J2EE, Spring, Web Services (SOAP, JSON and RESTFul), Micro Service Architecture and common Design Patterns. It is an asset if you are familiar with Agile methodologies and Cloud-native concepts.
- You embrace and champion change. You are passionate about being on top of technology trends. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto 20 Dundas St W., 12th However this may change dependent on business need. Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours