Blockchain Application Developer
What is the opportunity?
As a Blockchain Application Developer within Innovation and Technology at RBC, you bring the ability to effectively provide development, testing, release and support activities on strategic blockchain initiatives to various business functions within our Blockchain Center of Excellence (CoE). We are looking for a Backend Developer proficient with either Java, Go and/or Node.js. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Involved in development, testing, release, and support and maintenance activities of internal / external applications using Java, Go, Node.js, Express
- Work in a small agile team with startup mentality to write high quality code in a fast paced environment
- Use various techniques and tools to deliver strategic technical solutions to match business requirements and project deliverables.
- Focus on component reusability, data sharing and security while complying with the standards and processes set within the Enterprise
- Provide structure to development activities following proper Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (mostly Agile).
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of different approaches
- Collaborate with the Development team, Project Managers, Production Support team and Business on day to day development requests
- Integration and regression testing of code builds and merges
Nice to haves:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of backend development experience Java, Go, Node.js, API/Microservices
- Experience in application design, development, integration, performance measurement and tuning
- Experience with distributed computing particularly Unix/Linux
- Experience with Java, and/or Go and/or Node.js
What's in it for you?
- Exposure to Agile preferred, Angular 2+, Node JS
- Peer-to-Peer Distributed Computing
- Experience with DevOps tools and techniques, containers and management of containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with NoSQL (CouchDB and/or MongoDB)
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- You will work directly on the exciting technologies enabling blockchain
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- 4 weeks vacation
DEV http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs