Business Analyst - Dynamics 365 For Finance & Operations
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. ("Brookfield") is a global alternative asset manager with over $350 billion in assets under management. Brookfield has over a 115-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield offers a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage their expertise and experience and provide a distinct competitive advantage in the markets in which they operate. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbols BAM and BAM.A, respectively, and on the NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
The Technology Group and Human Resources Services are internal functions providing global operations and business supports across Brookfield Asset Management business segments. Position Summary
Reporting to the Program Director, and working closely with Business clients, TSG service groups and other stakeholders; the Business Analyst (BA) will provide a detailed understanding on the features and functionality of MS Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations from the user and technical aspect and how the business process is achieved using the application. The Business Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to implement new and enhanced applications through the Solution Delivery Life Cycle. Responsibilities
Qualifications & Requirements
- Accountable for MS Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations ongoing support and enhancements, business requirements definition, end user access, and configuration.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of application support to end users
- Documenting application support procedures for Tier 1 and 2 support groups.
- Provide Tier 3 support.
- Participate in all phases of the Solution Delivery Life Cycle including planning, requirements definition, solution design, test execution, and implementation of business applications.
- Work with Program Director and Service Delivery Managers to analyze and validate the business needs of stakeholders.
- Complete applicable project-related documentation, including; design specifications, application test plans, test cases and scripts, as well as end-user and system admin guides.
- Perform impact analysis of changes to an application or technology platform.
- Manage small to medium-sized solutions, including minor enhancements, reports development (via Management Reporter / SSRS), and operational support of MS Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- Work closely with the Applications Support, Service Delivery, and other Application Management teams to ensure business systems and system implementations are supported appropriately.
- Participate in Project Intake Phase to help develop appropriate time and cost estimates for discovery and high-level requirements definition.
- Contribute to the technology roadmap for selected business applications and systems.
- Bachelor's degree preference: Finance or Information Technology degree
- Process engineering (Black belt) is an asset
- Strong understanding of Global Corporate Finance and supporting large scale Finance ERP
- Solid understanding financial reporting and various financial process
- Experience multi-currency, global entity structures
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Client focused and ability to think outside the box (Creative and innovative)
- A strong aptitude for numbers, problem solving and data analytics
- 3-5 years' Finance operations experience, with strong interest in Technology in particular in ERP or GL applications (Dynamics 365 - Finance and Operations).
- Experience with Dynamics 365 - Finance and Operations
- Experience in Solution Development Life Cycle, including; design (creating functional/technical specifications), test scripts and other system administration, and support documentation.
- Knowledge of accounting guidelines and principles.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements; ability to read and write user documentation as well as strategic technology documents; ability to understand and interpret business processes, workflows, and systems to identify solutions or opportunities for application improvements (e.g. utilizing application functionality or improving application system performance); ability to leverage application/technology functionality to resolve complex business issues. This will include using out-of-the-box functionality as well as custom-developed functions from previous implementations.
- Breadth of experience in use and applicability of subledger and related systems to meet business financial needs.
- Deep understanding of intersection of business and technology to readily engage in issue resolution and investigation for complex financial challenges related to integration and reporting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing product evaluations, product selection, integrating infrastructure components and developing reusable set of application services to be used across a suite of applications.
- Proficiency in developing SQL queries and extracting data from databases, and understand complex database schemas and database objects.
- Experience working in a tiered service delivery framework (e.g. Tier 1, Tier 2 and n-Tier support levels) environment.
- Experience working in a multi-client environment.
- Proven track record of service delivery, client/customer focus and relationship management.
- Ability to assimilate, analyze and facilitate information sharing.
- Ability to facilitate meetings such as design/requirement gathering session or technical training sessions.
- Ability to work with multiple vendors, consultants and external parties as part of the ongoing application support and development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate/collaborate effectively with clients, management, and project teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving capability, and ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations/processes.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work with a minimal level of supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with conflicting deadlines and changing priorities
- Results driven, and deadline oriented
Brookfield welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.