Business Consultant (Technical)
About the team:
It's a fast paced, highly cooperative and dedicated team with mainly mainframe developers. The team creates and changes software for the internal business users and external bank clients with the standard software development process such as Agile or Waterfall. A part of the team also takes care of the critical application production support as the last line of defense to support the business and customers. Everybody works closely and helps each other to strive for the top quality deliveries and releases. We manage applications that handle very critical business services of the bank and serves hundreds and thousands large commercial and corporate clients. Description:
- Able to quickly ramp up and become proficient with the business, operation/process flow, high level system architecture, and the basic data query operations.
- Participate projects meetings, understand, create and review requirement documents, and manages project status for our own team.
- Able to investigate the current process flow and identify change impact to provide needed assistance so to support the design and development
- Able to define test plan based on the requirement document, with clear activities, timeline and resources.
- Performs testing execution and create test case document and manage SIT full cycle.
- Able to handle requests coming from different areas in the banks and prioritize tasks to assist day to day production support when needed
- Very Strong verbal and written communication skills and team spirit.
- 5+ years of work-related experience
- University degree within Computer Science Field
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Financial domain is an asset, but not mandatory
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.