Cloud Engineer - Dev Ops
Requisition ID: 68193
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Role:
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development practices and tools.
One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud.
The aim is to provide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic.
We are looking to build our development team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward. Accountabilities:
• Supporting production customers on our Cloud Foundry foundations
• Performing Root Cause Analysis on issues to prevent reoccurrences.
• Designing, implementing and refactoring automated pipelines using Concourse
• Automating systems utilizing existing APIs or creating new interfaces for them.
• Using Bosh for automating cloud infrastructure deployments and configuration management.
• Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
• Working with lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
• Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
• Be able to design, build and operate the software and infrastructure that keeps our solutions running.
• Our teams are flexible and fast - you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis. Experience:
• Experience designing and implementing pipelines using tools such as Concourse, Bosh and/or Jenkins.
• Experience utilizing and implementing RESTful APIs.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure and Google's GCP cloud platforms.
• Experience with automated cloud deployments utilizing
• Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
• Attention to details, high standards for quality.
• Desire to learn, growing yourself and your team towards high performance and taking pride in your code.
• Writing and maintaining related documentation.
• Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems. Education:
Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science preferred or related job experience.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Cloud, Manufacturing Engineer, Bank, Banking, Operations, Technology, Engineering, Finance