Cloud Engineer - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 66818
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video
Position: Cloud Engineer, Developer Practices & Tooling, Plato - Core Engineering - DevOps Engineering, Information Technology & Solutions Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the DevOps Engineering department ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Assists in the definition of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery models, processes, and technology for Scotiabank
- Assist with installation, configuration, testing, operation, and maintenance of a set of applications (known as the "CIAD Platform"), including authoring and modifying configuration scripts.
- Develops and maintains software relating to the Continuous Integration and Delivery Platform, including a centralized CI/CD Pipeline, automated onboarding scripts, and installation and configuration scripts. Also reviews, comments, and accepts pull requests from outside teams relating to source code for above.
- Provide operational support to end users of the CIAD Platform and associated software, through various channels including Slack, Lync, In Person Meeting, Jira Issues, and ServiceNow Incidents
- Documents key playbooks, procedures, processes, and how-tos
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves system problems that cannot be resolved by application teams and CIAD Support. This can include assisting in problem resolution outside of business hours, as required.
- Follows Bank and DevOps Engineering change control procedures.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Reporting Relationships (Job Titles only) Primary Manager: (include secondary Manager if applicable)
- Director, Development Practices & Tooling
- Supports application teams across Scotiabank, including all business lines and digital factory, across the globe - primarily in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Colombia, and Chile
- Assist the Director in finding most cost effective solutions in order to stay within operating and project budgets
- Supports a high number of application teams
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Extensive software development experience
- Release engineering experience
- Build and deployment automation experience
- Programming experience
- Source code management, including branching and workflow experience
- Very well versed in OO design. Coaches and mentors teams in re-factoring, mocking frameworks, automated acceptance testing, and continuous integration (CI)
- Work in an open office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Moderate travel locally, limited travel globally.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Cloud, Bank, Banking, Developer, Risk Management, Technology, Finance