Cyber Intelligence Analyst (Threat Intelligence Platforms)
What is the opportunity?
RBC Cyber Intelligence (CI) team is seeking an experienced Cyber Intelligence Analyst
with demonstrated competence and analytical capabilities to contribute toward the success of RBC's Intelligence-driven security. The Cyber Intelligence Analyst is primarily responsible for collecting, evaluating and interpreting information about cyber threats/adversaries, in order to produce intelligence content that provides warning, enhances defense or reduces uncertainties for decision makers. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-haves
- Create and maintain Adversary/Threat Profiles, monitor activity groups, analyze technical Threat Indicators to evaluate impacts to RBC
- Create written Intelligence Reports that address either tactical, operational or strategic issues
- Work with Technology Experts to integrate Intelligence Content into Security Controls
- Build and foster relationships with Intelligence Consumers, build maintain and manage relationships with key Sources and Intelligence Partners across various industry sectors
- Communicate to both technical and non-technical Consumers in user-friendly language
- Understand or learn the technical implications of Security Threats, manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively prioritize in a high-pressure environment
- Analyze code written in various programming languages
- Undergraduate Degree in a technology related discipline or 3 years of relevant experience in Threat Intelligence work
- Background in a SOC or a Cyber Security related role and experience coding in Python, PowerShell or C language.
- Excellent understanding of MISP or TIP
- Ability to analyze and deconstruct complex security events to identify unique attack indicators/patterns, to analyze code
- Able to apply frameworks like the Cyber Kill Chain, the Diamond Model and ATT&CK for threat analysis
- Able to apply analytical models like the Intelligence Lifecycle and Structured Analytical Techniques for Intelligence collection & analysis
What's in it for you?
- Formal training or experience in Intelligence Operations
- Knowledge of key security concepts (example: Incident Response, SIEM, IDS/IPS, etc.)
- Background and experience programming
- Experience writing attack signatures and configuring Security Sensors
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Opportunities to work with the best in the field
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options