Requisition ID: 72074
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
GRM Retail Credit Risk aims to be an industry leader in developing innovative solutions for Retail Banking. This is accomplished through the use of advanced analytics, agile principles and disciplined risk governance. To align with its departmental mission to modernize Credit Risk, the Analytics team acts as an idea incubator and analytical use cases accelerator, leveraging non-traditional data, advanced tools and enterprise systems. The team relies on Credit Science expertise and key business partners to provide consulting services within GRM and help build the next generation of retail credit solutions at Scotiabank.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Data Scientist is a key role in delivering advanced analytics/predictive modelling capabilities within GRM retail credit risk in the Caribbean and Central America region. As a Data Scientist, you will be working in fast-paced environment, actively supporting data driven decision making across retail credit risk management lifecycle. Your key responsibilities include:
- Work in an agile rapid lab environment to build and deploy new machine learning solutions within 90-120 days.
- Leverage large-scale data skills to manage and transform multiple sourced data and complex data structures into ready to use modeling datasets.
- Perform hands-on data science activities; including predictive modelling, clustering, design of champion-challenger experiments, and work with the team to ensure the quality of analysis.
- Design and develop pipelines to automate existing machine learning process, including data ingestion, feature generation, and model scoring.
- Identify additional sources of data & predictive attributes which can improve existing products and/or enable the creation of actionable insights.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide ongoing support on all analytical deliverables.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to make an impact in the digital transformation of Scotiabank
- Exposure to different business lines where analytics techniques are being applied
- Hands-on practical projects which provide an opportunity to gain new knowledge and develop skills
- A compensation program with competitive salary, opportunities for annual performance incentives based on performance thresholds, a competitive benefits program and continuing education programs
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- University / Master's Degree in Physics/Math/Computer Science/Statistics or related field.
- Natural curiosity to solve problems and find meaning in complex data sets & customer behaviour analysis.
- Familiarity with data warehousing, data processing pipelines and data structures with proven record of designing and building large-scale data solutions to business problems, reporting or modeling development.
- Proficient programing experience in SQL, Python, and/or R.
- Solid understanding of ML algorithms, objective and cost functions, overfitting, imbalanced data.
- Proven experience with feature engineering, dimensionality reduction and clustering is a plus.
- Ability to communicate/present complex ideas/analysis in a concise, business-friendly manner.
- Retail credit risk management experience a strong plus.
- Experience in automating/deploying/testing models in production is a plus.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Scientific, Scientist, Bank, Banking, Engineering, Technology, Science, Finance