Data Scientist, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 66309
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for delivering data science support for the digital bank and operations teams. You will be working with a high performing team of data analysts and data scientists. You will need to apply your deep technical knowledge in order to deploy data-driven solutions. You will be mapping common business problems to reusable end-to-end solutions. Is this role right for you?
• You will be working on major projects including delivering data science support for Digital Marketing and Operations including Contact Center
• You will be exploring and leverage massive volumes of structured and unstructured format data to create actionable insights
• You will develop, deploy and monitor predictive models
• You will prepare detailed documentation to outline data sources, methodologies, models and algorithms used and developed
• You will present results to business line stakeholders and help create a data-driven culture
• You will collaborate with stakeholders and identify opportunities to drive business value by leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• You will access all of our data in it's various forms and staging areas (Warehouse, Data Lake and Cloud)
• You will leverage distributed computing, machine learning and AI techniques for analysis, data mining and modeling Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
• You have a University degree and above in relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics), preferably master
• You have strong Python programming skills and knowledge of SAS or R
• You have hands-on experience with SQL language and datastores
• You have experience cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats
• You have experience with common machine Learning libraries in Python, Spark, and Deep Learning/AI frameworks
• You have a well-rounded knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
• You have knowledge of Data tools and ecosystem (e.g., Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka) What's in it for you?
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
• Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
• Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
• Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
• This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
• Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
• Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
• A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Scientific, Medical, Bank, Banking, Engineering, Technology, Healthcare, Finance