Data Scientist, Marketing Analytics
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the position of Senior Modeler, Data Scientist, Marketing Analytics. The primary responsibility is to supports development and execution of strategic analytics in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. The role will also be responsible for building predictive customer models across the marketing team.
The role will sit on the Marketing Analytics team. The successful candidate will be able to go beyond analytics/reporting to provide actionable insights to improve marketing and enterprise customers experiences. Key Accountabilities:
- Understand business needs and apply Data Science/AI/Machine Learning technology to solve real-world business problems within and across business areas Ability to build and optimize models using machine learning techniques.
- Analyze source data, working with structured and unstructured data (internal and external data)
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships, and trends
- Structures and assembles data into multi-dimensions with various granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
- Cleanses, manipulates, and transforms data through programming / scripting for model training and validation.
- Automates validation tests to improve quality and efficiency of the validation process.
- Validates and tests models used in analytics and reporting to assess/address performance and compliance.
- Conducts various pre-implementation and post-implementation analyses to estimate/measure business impact caused by model adoption (e.g., revenue increase, cost reduction, corporate brand image).
- Manage model audit process for existing models and notifies stakeholders of ongoing effectiveness of the model.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Leads in the design, implementation and management of new analytics & reporting solutions.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide subject matter insights and recommendations.
- Promotes reporting automation, self-serve analytics consumption, and the culture of analytics-driven decision making.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Builds reports and visualizations to effectively communicate data driven insights to users for a variety of audiences e.g. visualization solutions of data into reports, graphics, dashboards to illustrate facts, trends, and insights.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Develops tools and delivers training programs for use of reporting tools and self-serve analytics by non-analytical end users; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Documents and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to analytical and reporting processes.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders. Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
We're here to help
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Possesses a graduate university degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering and/or physics, (PhD preferred) or 5+ years of experience in advanced analytics, finance and/or consulting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively present analytics data to business users at the Executive level.
- Knowledge and experience in data preparation, data analysis, and statistical tool sets including but not limited to Spotfire, Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, MAtlab, SPSS - In-depth.
- Experience in applying statistical techniques to large scale, cross-sectional data sets to create solutions to business problems
- A good knowledge of data analysis, theory and multivariate statistical techniques (e.g. Logistic Regression, neural networks)
- Strong relationship-building skills. Ability to thrive on a high-degree of independence and ownership
- A strong passion for data, charts, analysis, trends, and evangelizing data usage
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com/
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.