Developer Specialist (Equities)
Qualifications Soft Skills
- Assesses impact of design decisions to the computer solution/product/service being developed (performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization if required.
- Leads / conducts detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner.
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Decomposes business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommends / decides on appropriate designs
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
- Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets , use the enterprise monitoring/logging, require minimal to zero maintenance and are aligned with architectural patterns and technology strategy
- Devises new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Supports production issues, including Independently completes root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security).
- Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, aligns with architecture and promotes the development of common assets.
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Minimum 5 years in Capital Market
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to take multiple tasks at one time.
- Team player is a must
- Punctuality and reliability at work.
- Ability to learn working of corporate world.
- Work under pressure.
- Good analytical and problem solving skill, willing to learn in collaborative environment
- Available to assist Production Support team as and when needed.
We're here to help
- Understanding of coding methods, Software Development Lifecycle, Secure Coding Practices, including agile & iterative build/delivery approach.
- Minimum 7 years of development experience in C#.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Oracle.
- Strong latest .Net Framework skills.
- Strong multithreading programing experience
- Strong Windows development experience.
- Experience in developing application using WPF.
- Exposure to / or use of Agile / iterative development tools and methodologies is a plus
- University degree in mathematics or computer science
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.