As a Development Manager, here's what you will do:
- Manage a development Group in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with the Lines of Business (LOBs) strategies.
- Accountable for the on-time, on-budget completion of project deliverables, adhering to standards, such as Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Leads workshops to develop solutions from a program perspective in association with all interdependent systems.
- Has expert knowledge to influence and set corporate direction for software development practice, concepts, technology and methodology.
- You possess a university degree/college diploma in applied technologies and/or 10+ years' experience in state-of-the-art financial application development with expert business knowledge
- You have extensive practical experience in application development and/or client solution delivery
- You can demonstrate expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both an industry and BMO perspective
- You exhibit an expert understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance requirements, and software development control and release procedures
- You have an expert understanding of relevant and emerging technologies and industry directions
- You have demonstrable project management experience
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal
- Expert leadership/people management skills
- Expert ability to manage multiple projects high in complexity and of strategic importance
- Capable of resolving diverse, complex and ambiguous issues and situations
- Managing change
- Work independently
- Experience on Agile based projects
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.