Development Manager, Wire Payments Modernization
What is the opportunity?
As the Development Manager you will lead and oversee activities of technical systems analysts on assigned programs within the SWIFT and High Value Payments Technology team. You will work primarily on the Wire Room platform replacement, with the possibility of contributing to other major Wire Payment Modernization programs. You will be responsible for ensuring the program(s) strategic goals or objectives are accomplished within approved time frames, scope and budget. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must have
- Lead the development of new application(s) supporting the processing of Wire Payments.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Solution Architects to understand project requirements, priorities and provide technical leadership in translating them into components that are aligned with reference and solution architecture direction.
- Provide engineering guidance to the technology team.
- Responsible for the integration of technology solutions.
- Facilitate schedule and cost forecasting, and mentor technical systems analysts in determining risk based provisions.
- Seek out industry trends and organization knowledge to understand alternative approaches / solutions.
- Resolve complex issues and conflicts (including architectural direction vs project constraints); escalate to executive level where required.
- Promote innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implement best practices.
Nice to have
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a technical lead with large programs.
- Bachelor's degree in technical area of study (computer science, mathematics, engineering, etc.) or equivalent combination of practical experience and professional training.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Good understanding of enterprise IT Risk Management processes and controls and solid understanding of SDLC processes and tools.
- Trained in Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience in the financial industry specifically with SWIFT payments.
What's in it for you?
- IT project management, business systems analysis and/or architecture experience.
- Experience with UNIX and Windows, MQ, WAS, Oracle, etc.
- Certified Scrum Master.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies.