Director Development , Credit Risk
Requisition ID: 64818
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are looking for a visionary leader to help the Bank architect, and implement a substantial modernization program of the Banks's derivative Counterparty Credit Risk system. The incumbent will lead the effort to modernize the bank Potential Future Exposure (PFE) and Internal Model Methodology (IMM) engine. They will drive the vision, strategy and lead a team of about 30 developers, analysts, project managers through all parts of the projects lifecycle.
The incumbent will have at least 5 years of leadership experience and 10 plus years of progressive IT experience with strong leadership and technical capabilities and must thrive on challenge,
He or she must be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn. Key Accountabilities:
Supports and leads a team of IT professionals (direct and indirect reports) and is responsible for systems analysis, application software, programming and support in addition to leading a team to provide
- Technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Negotiates IT project requirements (i.e. deadlines, budgets, resources, etc.).
- Manages communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with peers both within technology and across our business lines.
- Participates in budgeting processes and quality improvement activities for the department.
- Accountable for managing assigned project and/or departmental budgets.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, are in compliance with IT Technology Roadmap and has an indepth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software projects and programs.
- Indepth knowledge of risk domain. Experience with counterparty credit risk, including Basel/OSFI regulations would be desirable.
- Operations of existing system including ensuring timeline delivery of results, maintaining SLA targets and improving stability and reliability.
- Leads and drives an engineering culture throughout their team.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment.
- Communicate vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
- Deepens client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Envisions and manages the development and implementation of innovative applications using emerging technologies which leverage existing business and create new business opportunities for the Bank.
- Ensure the timely development and implementation of multiple applications and IT solutions - involving multiple systems, multiple dependencies and multiple stakeholders/business partners - where solutions cross business lines and customer segments.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits.
- Meet obligations with respect to operational risk and regulatory compliance.
- Experience designing and developing large complex systems.
- Experience in software development experience ideally using Python, R or other data analytics language.Handson technical experience designing and working with Microservices, Cloud, and DevOps is required
- Ability to understand requirements, read data mapping and work closely with BA to translate data into code
- ETL experience ( Nifi, Talend, Data Stage or related ) Development experience with Kafka or Elastic Search would be beneficial.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and project management
- Possess excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Postsecondary education in Computer Science or Software/Computer Engineering or similar experience.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Credit, Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Manager, Finance, Management