Director, Infrastructure Service
Brookfield Asset Management
(BAM) is a global alternative asset manager with over $350 billion in assets under management. Headquartered in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity in 30 countries around the world. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds and public, listed entities. BAM is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext. Technology Services Group
(TSG) and Human Resources Support Services are internal functions providing global operations and business supports across Brookfield Asset Management business segments.
The Director, Infrastructure Services
role within the Technology Services Group (TSG) is responsible for the Service Life Cycle of transition, delivery, maintenance and retirement of services related to centralized computing, data storage and the operational facilities that house these technologies. The Director is responsible to ensure alignment of these services to the needs of TSG and its clients and that these services maximize the performance and success of TSG clients across global/regional Brookfield group of Companies.
To execute successfully, the Director, Infrastructure Services
oversees and works closely with third-party service and technology providers. He/she will ensure robust operational processes are enabled and continually enhanced to manage the delivery of all related Information Infrastructure Services from all vendors. The Director
will consult with leading technology and IT services companies, IT industry advisory companies and relevant associations, to ensure the Hosting business road-map will continue to provide superior value to TSG and its clients. The Director will be required to keep abreast of developments in the Hosting marketplace, including 3rd party service providers' strategies and report on their potential impact on the organization.
Responsibilities: Operational Management
- Work with key Business and Technology Partners to deliver Hosting Services.
- Provide management, reporting and operational support for the Planned Maintenance.
- Participate in the scheduled Governance meetings in the management of the Hosting Services Provider.
- Ability to understand and review a fully integrated Hosting Solution to identify any impacted technologies or platforms.
- Communicate with service partners to ensure that they understand and conform to the Hosting policies and standards.
- Provides support to project managers for the creation of plans, costs, and risks for the implementation of IT infrastructure solutions.
- Ensure successful and effective alignment of TSG Service capabilities to Brookfield business needs, demands and strategies.
- Represent and oversee delivery of Hosting related processes to the business ensuring client satisfaction and successful business outcomes.
- Provide support to various TSG teams to:
- Advise n TSG Technology Services capabilities.
- Execute TSG line-f-business and geographic business strategies, plans, and related projects and service.
- Develp, govern, and oversee execution of service quality improvement programs for assigned TSG service lines.
Service Provider Management
- Lead involvement of external/third-party service providers and representatives in interactions and affairs with TSG Services employees and teams, and, TSG clients (Brookfield company representatives).
- Oversee third-party service provider service delivery governance and service level assurance for assigned TSG services and products.
- Identify, document, and present service delivery requirements and needs to internal and external services providers.
- Sponsor, review, and approve Service Provider proposals, solution innovation and development, and service requests and provider responses.
- Review and approve Service Provider service delivery quality and achievement reports and attestations.
- Lead and oversee programs and initiatives with service providers focused on service quality improvement, continuous improvement, and service capability improvement.
- Facilitate external service provider involvement in TSG Technology Services business planning, service development and innovation, and TSG Services growth across Brookfield group of companies.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Takes ownership of any issues or problems within Hosting Services and makes sure they are dealt with appropriately.
- Understands and adheres to TSG policies and Technology Services' procedures.
- Acts as an example to all managers in terms of communication and value delivered.
- Demonstrates accountability for progress of work in-scope and its alignment to Technology Services strategy.
- Communicates objectives and direction for Hosting Services and measures success against the desired outputs.
- Is self-organizing and appropriately prioritizes work on deliverables.
- 7+ years' corporate IT experience in supporting complex enterprise Hosting environments, with a strong preference for SIAM experience (Service Integration and Management).
- Knowledge and effective understanding of key technologies and industry/third-party services, methods, and best-practices in voice and data services and support.
- Experience in Hosting environments operating best practices offerings including execution, deployment, and incident resolution.
- Experience in product/service life cycle management.
- Experience in managing and overseeing third-party service provider service delivery execution and business & commercial governance. Work with 3rd party providers to achieve system stability, performance and uptime.
- Business growth development skills including IT technology and service industry/marketplace awareness.
- Strong and effective customer relationship management skills and process/practice experience.
- Strong customer service ethic, results driven, and ability to demonstrate ownership of services within scope of role.
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills and oriented toward business development and relationship management.
- Financial and cost management with expertise in cost forecasting and cost/spend budget management.
- Strong awareness and experience in IT audit and compliance management (SOC, COBIT, SSAE).
- Strong team and organizational leadership and management capabilities.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with multiple parties and partners with a global matrix style organization.
- Experience with enterprise change and release management, including technical review of proposed system changes.
- Experience in Hosting Services delivery business models and offerings.
- Experience working in an outsourced environment
- Strong knowledge of IaaS, SaaS, Data Center Facilities, Server, Storage, and Infrastructure related support for Business Applications.
- Knowledge of 'Cloud' business models.
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology or similar.
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL methodologies, ITIL® v3 Certification desirable
Brookfield welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.