Director, Model Documentation and Governance, AML/ATF Models and Analytics
Requisition ID: 57851
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Risk Management's AML/ATF team by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
Education / Experience
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Build and manage a team of AML/ATF documentation and governance professionals. This team will take responsibility for documenting a range of models and handling various model governance issues as part of the Banks AML/AFT efforts.
- Accountable for design and maintenance of documentation templates for AML/ATF/Sanction models. Ensure that the model documentation templates satisfy the requirements of regulator guidelines, the Bank's internal Model Risk Management Policies and AML/ATF Model Risk Management Procedures
- Supervise and/or conduct model documentation for individual AML/ATF/Sanction models and ensure the documentation follows the corresponding templates; ensure that individual model documentation compliant to model documentation requirements and internal/ external model development standards.
- Work with AML Models and Analytics (AMA) development teams to plan model documentation schedule and manage model documentation projects.
- Engage in AMA model development process to ensure that development activities are sufficient to support all key documentation components
- Collaborate closely with Model Validation team to ensure communication of issues is sufficient, effective and timely. Understand the validation requirements and validation procedures.
- Work with teams in the Bank's subsidiaries to play an oversight role in the development of model development and documentation framework
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience with statistical modeling and data science methods in the AML context
- Experience programming in statistical languages such as R, SAS. Experience with databases such as Oracle or SQL Server
- AML/ATF experience or analytic knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or higher in science, technology, engineering or mathematics
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Analytics, Data Analyst, Database, Oracle, Developer, Management, Data, Technology