Director, Operational Risk Canadian Banking
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. Purpose of Job:
The Director, Global Operational Risk, Canadian Banking,(Wealth, Tangerine & Canadian Banking) is responsible for leading the Second Line challenge and oversight/governance function for Operational Risk for Canadian Banking. This oversight function covers all Risk and Control Self Assessments, KRI's, BE surveys, NIRA's, Policy enhancements, Scenario Analysis, monthly/quarterly management reporting, OSFI reviews, specialty committees, and RAF to ensure uniform standards across the global platform.
Primary focus will be to participate in the engagement of Canadian Banking business units and support functions in the implementation and use of all operational risk management tools under the Bank's Operational Risk Framework.
- Enhance, manage, and challenge the risk and control self-identification and assessment program (RCSA) that is conducted by the 1B team for all significant units across Canadian Banking and actively participate in all Canadian Banking related operational risk committees;
- Develop, deliver and report on the Scenario Analysis program within Canadian Banking;
- Play a challenge role to Canadian Banking with respect to their identification, assessment and management of operational risk;
- Monitor the operational risk profile for Canadian Banking to proactively identify changes in the profile and emerging risks/trends;
- Support the development of the Advanced Measurement Approach (AMA) to operational risk capital;
- Support the review of the Bank's Operational Risk Management Policy and Operational Risk Management Framework as well as other Bank policies that are related to operational risk;
- Support Canadian Banking in the development of its operational risk management programs, as well as in responding to regulatory requests for operational risk-related information;
- Support Canadian Banking in the development of its Key Risk Indicator Program;
- Play an active role in the department's quality assurance program;
- Report to Senior Management and the Board on key risks; and
- Maintain relationships with Canadian Bankings' management and applicable corporate support areas to remain current on new developments for Canadian Banking and emerging risks within Canadian Banking and the industry.
- Support the Vice-President in the continuous enhancement of the risk and control self-assessment program, which provides effective and efficient identification, measurement, monitoring, and reporting of operational risk with a particular emphasis on Canadian Banking.
- Support the Vice-President in the review, assessment and enhancement of the Bank's operational risk management tools and methodologies.
- Participate/review as Second line challenge the Operational Risk self-assessments in strategically identified business units or processes within Canadian Banking.
- Analyze issues raised through self-assessments and other reviews including those performed by Audit, Shareholder Auditors, and Regulators to determine significant risks within Canadian Banking.
- Provide and contribute to reporting of divisional and all-Bank results of the risk and control assessment program to the Board and Senior Management. Additionally, provide reporting to the business/support units, and Heads of Business groups and key support areas on key risks.
- Work with business and operational risk managers from Canadian Banking and support areas, assisting them in ensuring they have appropriate risk identification and assessment processes in place.
- University degree in a business related field. Relevant Masters degree is desirable.
- Should have a breadth of experience in risk management, audit or related areas.
- Canadian Banking business line experience.
- Possess demonstrated success at managing a team.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills to deal with senior levels of management.
- Possess strong communication (verbal and written), listening, presentation and facilitation skills.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Manager, Web Design, Finance, Management, Creative