Enterprise Digital Accessibility Consultant
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Enterprise Digital Accessibility team empowers the RBC enterprise to remove digital barriers for clients and employees with disabilities by advising that appropriate accessibility features be incorporated into RBC digital solutions throughout the project management life cycle. In this role, you will consult with Business units, IT Projects, Strategic Sourcing and vendors offering packaged solutions, and educate the RBC enterprise on accessibility requirements. You will advise on accessibility policies, communicate latest standards, and create and maintain RBC development guidelines and best practices for building accessible solutions to the enterprise through a Digital Accessibility "Center of Excellence". What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Consult with the RBC enterprise (e.g., projects, product owners, and RBC community) to ensure compliance with Accessibility policies, Guidelines and Best Practices
- Educate teams in designing, coding and testing accessible user interfaces using various UI frameworks, and assist teams in implementing accessible UI components
- Train teams in both automated and manual accessibility testing
- Train stakeholders from different fields on the user experience of persons with disabilities using financial business applications
- Implement, review and recommend changes to existing processes, methods, tools, Accessibility Guidelines and Best Practices
- Develop and maintain Accessibility Guidelines and Best Practices to ensure alignment with Accessibility policies
- Research and keep abreast of industry accessibility standards, WCAG guidelines, best practices and tools for developing accessible solutions, and UI frameworks
- Promote and communicate Accessibility policies, services, tools, Accessibility Guidelines and Best Practices to the RBC enterprise through various communication channels
- Minimum 4-6 years of digital accessibility experience with 2+ years of experience in consulting and/or training
- Thorough knowledge of accessibility standards, legislation, guidelines and best practices (WCAG 2.1, WAI-ARIA 1.1, PDF/UA) for developing accessible digital solutions
- Thorough knowledge of accessibility evaluation techniques (e.g., testing procedures, testing methodologies, and testing tools), and experience evaluating digital solutions (automated testing, manual testing, and adaptive technologies testing) for Web, Windows, native mobile and PDF
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills (e.g., documenting, presenting and explaining accessibility remediation to designers, developers, and testers)
What's in it for you?
- University degree in computer science, user experience design, inclusive design, or related discipline
- IAAP Certification
- Experience with Agile and Iterative-Waterfall methodologies
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
88 Queens Quay W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
Yes Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
199564 Ad Code(s):