Executive Assistant, GBM Corporate and Investment Banking
Requisition ID: 69358
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Investment Banking business, ensuring specific individual goals, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Provide confidential executive support to Co-Heads of Corporate Investment Banking and COO. Responsibilities include the following:
- Prioritize client-facing work with competing internal demands managing the business
- Maximize calendar efficiency for the team, creating productive schedules for the team while anticipating scheduling conflicts and clearly and concisely proposing alternative solutions
- Manage complex and frequent domestic and international travel using Bank-supported travel booking portals and approval systems.
- Manage all meeting logistics, including invitations, technology requirements and catering and assist with document preparation for management and team meetings
- Keep client databases (Salesforce) up-to date with appropriate client information
- Answer phones and take messages as appropriate
- Ensure smooth execution of the above while assessing outcomes for future reference
- Ad hoc requests from the team
- Champion a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Act in a professional manner, using problem solving skills and judgement to assist executives in managing their day and various deliverables
- Become the expert on administrative support, effectively managing requests and/or escalating as required
- Establish sound business relationships by providing courteous and efficient assistance to both internal and external clients.
- Assume ad hoc projects as they arise in support of management and their client strategy, including the gathering and compiling of data from various sources for weekly meetings, organizing and managing logistics for client events, researching and tracking key client dates (AGMs, quarterly IR calls, etc) and ensure team is assigned to attend / call-in, etc.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Supporting Head of GIB industry team and their direct reports
- Arranging and dealing with clients on behalf of the team to arrange meetings and events
- Using professional judgement and experience to support executives and their mandate
- Minimum University Degree, preferably in Administration or related field
- Minimum 15 years in a related administrative role requiring significant multi-tasking - preferably in Investment or Client Service industry.
- Sound knowledge of business/banking terminology and department procedures
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge of MS Office 2010
- Excellent coordination, organizational, time-management and work prioritization skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organization.
- Flexibility and high tolerance for change
- Ability to handle sensitive materials under the pressure of last minute deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi task
- Work in a standard office-based environment; an ability to work overtime hours as required, often with short notice.
- Limited travel requirements
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Developer, Finance, Administrative, Technology