IT Operations Duty Officer
This is a full time, permanent role located at either; 50 Reid Drive (Barrie) or 4100 Gordon Baker Rd (Scarborough). The Operations Duty Officer will be working a 7x24/ 365 day rotating shift (days, evenings, nights and weekends) in a team of 5 and will be accountable for the following; Key Accountabilities:
Qualifications Core Knowledge:
- Oversees all operations in the OCC (TSC, Field Services, SOC, NOC, 2 nd level, Deployment, Incident and Change).
- Has oversight and accountability of ongoing incidents to resolution as well as ongoing changes to avoid conflicts and additional impacts; working closely with Shift and Incident Managers to have the overall state of the nation and direct immediate priorities.
- Accountable for executive level communications and executive level update bridges for critical impact incidents.
- Initiate RCI for identified incidents with high risk of reoccurrence
- Provide critical updates regarding ongoing changes and incidents to the Operations executive team.
- Produce shift summary report for upward consumption and awareness; identifying trends, issues, required improvement with the assigned owners.
- Provide PPA input to Shift Managers on employee performance.
- Track identified improvement and opportunities; ensuring they are assigned and implemented.
- Reports to the Managing Director
- Minimum 7 years' experience as a Manager of Technology Team
- University or College degree
- Proven Facilitation Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT)
- Expert Communication Skills at Executive Level (Oral and written)
- Experience with Reporting and Trend Analysis
- Expert Multi-tasking ability in high demand role
- End to End environment understanding in Technology
- Strong understanding of ITIL Process
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the
way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.