Information Security Advisor (QA)
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. Job Purpose
- Direct testing in the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) environments for new and changed systems that affect all GIAM Applications.
- Control changes in Bank application systems to maintain system integrity in the Production environment.
- Providing highly specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, testing and support of cost effective, mission critical, onboarding for all GIAM security applications and onboarding using file feeds/direct connectors we support.
- The incumbent is responsible for the most complex, introducing new technology to meet business objectives and providing technical consultation and guidance in specialized areas.
- Direct and guide project the test teams to ensure the timely delivery of quality products/ functions consistent with the business needs and priorities of GIAM and global key stakeholders. Responsibilities include overseeing projects managed by GIAM.
Manage creation and testing for large, complex projects by reviewing and evaluating requirements, used cases and design documentation, developing test strategies, approving the preparation of comprehensive test documentation, overseeing daily testing activities and monitoring the ongoing progress of testing.
- Participate in the process to establish, communicate and manage objectives, strategies and plans for the Testing area of UAT, ensuring quality principles are adhered to in a 'speed-to-market' culture.
Review planned activities for future initiatives, participate in forward-planning sessions and identify/ resolve conflicts between initiatives. Develop and administer Quality Assurance standards and policies.
- Assess the test requirements of projects and releases and approve the timing of releases within an integrated test schedule.
Appraise outstanding issues impacting the promotion of code to the Production environment and provide direction to minimize associated risks.
Approve test evaluations, review code implementation strategies and authorize recommendations for promotion of code to the Production environment to ensure the highest quality of service in the delivery of Branch initiatives.
Essential skills required
- Management of changes to various platforms (Tandem/Mainframe/MVS etc)
- Manage the planning, scheduling, assignment and monitoring of testing activities for assigned projects using the Workload Planning System, to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Manage the coordination of day to day testing efforts for assigned application systems and project testing efforts with other testing personnel, end users, technical support and development areas.
- Troubleshoot when problems arise and contribute to their resolution in a hands-on manner when necessary.
- Provide ongoing direction, and support to motivate individual and team performance in a stable, professional environment while ensuring department objectives are met. Work with Management to m anage the recruitment of new staff and identify training requirements.
- Maintain a thorough and current comprehension of Banking systems, UAT code configuration and connections, environmental resources, code delivery processes and rapidly advancing Business System and technological changes.
- Analyze industry best practices to recommend improvements to methodology, test environments and workflow to promote an efficient and cost-effective UAT process
- Support the implementation of cost effective applications to meet the business objectives by providing detailed test cases, and automation where applicable for testing to the GIAM test team, and key global stakeholders to Insure all applications developed have a high degree of integrity, reliability and availability to meet the requirements to move to production
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all support staff on all aspects of training to ensure end to end testing is completed and proper sign-offs are provide
- Provide production and user acceptance testing application support to the most complex technical problems on all applications that service each business unit by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
- Maintain a good understanding of the Division's business strategies, business policies, financial instruments, risk management and back office processing.
- Ensure the department's objectives are met, providing input to performance appraisals on time and maintaining up to date knowledge of technology, industry and business practices.
- Excellent leadership skills to direct large groups at varying levels (may include managers, project leaders, testers) towards common objectives
- Solid understanding of change process and related systems/ technology to deliver code to UAT servers, controllers and PC's and the ability to assess the risk and impact of the changes Expert understanding of code library management and HPQC AML tools for tracking of defects and script automation
- Expert understanding of multiple UAT environments and their relationship to code delivery and business functions
- Solid understanding of technical implications of code changes
- Complete understanding of the relationship between complex GIAM systems, their interfacing applications, environmental resources and code layering; this seasoned and specialized knowledge is acquired through hands-on experience with the business and technical dimensions of multifaceted projects full awareness of current and future projects planned for GIAM and their global key stakeholders to provide strategic recommendations and direction strong decision making skills to resolve conflicts arising over a wide range of UAT activities conceptual thinking skills to achieve department objectives
- Effective communication skills to address issues with QA Testing and other department staff who have varying degrees of experience and technological knowledge
- Exercising judgment and initiative in the research and development of recommendations for code management
- Strong working knowledge of PC's and department-related software including PAM, PA, PAN, IDM, Security IQ, and SailPoint IIQ as well as Test Information Management, Problem Log Management System, mainframe applications, word processing, spreadsheet and database packages.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Information Security, Bank, Banking, Mainframe, Security, Technology, Finance