Intermediate Application Software Developer (Oracle and BI)
This is a permanent, full time role located at 2 Sheppard Ave East. The BI Developer will be responsible for the following:
To lead and manage a distributed team in resolving the production related issues. Be vigilant to operational failures and take accountability in providing or facilitating resolutions. Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders with focus on business continuity SLA. As a Lead you will support and maintain the entire IT processes for the Business through daily ETL with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS. Must be willing to be on-call for the production support issues over weekends (as required).
1.Supports production issues, including Independently completes root-cause analysis and diagnosis
2.(Must Have) Stay vigilant and on-call for production support issues over weekends and off office hours (as required).
3.Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
4.Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
5.Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements
6.Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets , use the enterprise monitoring/logging, require minimal to zero maintenance and are aligned with architectural patterns and technology strategy
7.Devises new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns
8.Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
9.Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
10.Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives
11.Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
12.Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning Qualifications Core Knowledge:
- Generally 2 to 4 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight
- Understands core business processes and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., transformation, smart core, dev ops)
- Familiarity to tools such as Confluence, Bit Bucket, Jira, TFS and CICD related packages.
- Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes
- Understands functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in
Operating System : Windows, UNIX, LINUX
Worked environments : DEV, UAT, PROD and DR servers (application/database/report)
Releases/Version Control tool : BITBUCKET (git), TFS (Version Control)
Packaging tool : Bamboo
DB : RDBMS, MS SQL, Oracle, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
.NET : C#, ADO.NET
Data : EBCDIC, ASCII, XML , XSLT, XPath, WSDL, SOAP,
- Undergraduate computer science degree or related IT certification.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in Financial Service industry and Risk Reporting would an asset
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.