Lead Application Developer, Data Analysis
The Lead Application Developer is accountable for leading projects through the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with the Lines of Business (LOBs) strategies. Key Accountabilities:
Qualifications Core Knowledge and Skills
- Writes code according to accepted standards based on user requirements, which are included in the delivery of the application solution, to meet the business need
- Leads in the planning, estimating, development, testing and implementation of initiatives of any size and any level of complexity to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the application
- Demonstrates solid leadership skills and accountability with high levels of self-motivation on assigned deliverables
- Takes ownership and accountability for projects and focuses on delivering results
- Understands and communicates technical and architectural complexities of a technical solution so that project stakeholders can easily understand
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals
- Implements approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency
- Liaises with third party vendors, when appropriate, to ensure that the integration of third party products and existing applications and systems is practical and feasible given the underlining technologies
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
We're here to help
- Possesses a university degree and/or 5-7 years of work experience in IT environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science or engineering
- Possesses strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge and experience in web application development such as: MVC, SPA, Web Services
- Strong knowledge and experience in database design, RDBMS and writing complicated SQL queries
- Knowledge of RPA (Robotics Process Automation) would be an asset
- Demonstrates solid collaboration, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology
- Strong experience in Agile methodology and tools (sprint, daily scrum, JIRA, etc.)
- Strong experience in software requirements gathering and all phases of SDLC
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do-helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one -for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.