Lead Developer - (AWS Stack / Digital Integration)
Portfolio Integration Services (PIS) capability within SmartCore Digital Platform & APIs (DPA) focuses on the delivery of integrated solutions, involving multiple digital products/portfolios, in order to drive continuous digital innovation and enable digital transformation across different lines of business. PIS resources are deployed to high impact projects to improve agility in the delivery and streamline the delivery model. SmartCore DPA capabilities supports various lines of business to digitize the business processes through digital innovation and process automation, offering improved process efficiency, accuracy and integration. SmartCore DPA invests on developing new technology capabilities through digital innovation to continue transforming and improving customers' & employees' experience. Key Accountabilities Solution Development
- Works alongside with the solution architects to identify gaps from the existing platform and define a robust end-to-end solution design.
- Develops detailed design documentation to guide the development to follow the agreed design.
- Establish standard and build common framework to ensure the best development practice.
- Leads the development of integrated cloud-based solutions, leveraging the SmartCore digital platforms, APIs & building blocks, to meet the requirements from the business.
- Conducts detailed solution/code review and provides feedback to the development teams in a constructive manner.
- Owns the development of complex components and develops solution prototype to demonstrate the concept for the consumers and the teams.
- Defines automated test/monitoring approach for the solution and leads the development of the test/monitoring automation.
- Leads/drives the transition of the solution support from the project delivery to the Application & Release Management Services.
Technology Delivery & Execution
- Leads the integration of DPA solutions and delivery effort across different product delivery teams.
- Becomes a primary point of contact for SmartCore development to the project's/program's team and the portfolio teams.
- Leads the investigation of production issues, involving multiple failure points, during project warranty period, including root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Identify continuous improvements to the end-to-end solution, to improve high performance, reliability and availability.
- Devises and recommends approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or solutions to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the reporting and analysis of key delivery metrics to share transparency of progress across portfolio teams and actively manage dependencies.
Practice & Capability Development
- Provides active contributions to the technical discussions in the program-level Rapid Product Definition and product roadmap.
- Assesses impact of design decisions to the SmartCore DPA solutions being developed (performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends any required alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization.
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers.
- Decomposes business requirements and refine them into user stories/features/integration/technical specifications.
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommends/decides on appropriate solution designs.
- Manages the delivery of user stories, features, issues and NFRs from the projects/programs, and drives internal stand-ups/scrum meetings.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the Portfolio Integration Service capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building reusable assets, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Provide active contribution to the development and the continuous improvement of processes across multiple process domains.
- Develops and continuously improves reusable delivery artifacts to take the best practices into the capability's assets, which can be applied across different projects.
- Bachelor's degree or Master degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, mathematics or business.
- 4 - 6 years of experience working in application development, System Integrator(s) or technology development teams of banking/financial institutions.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in development and design of any of the digital integration solutions, including stateless workflow services, Business Process Management (BPM), composite APIs and/or Enterprise Service Bus.
- Strong Java and JS development skills, combined with experience in overseeing application development.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of AWS integration solution stack, including but not limited AWS Lambda, AWS Step Functions, AWS Simple Workflow Services, AWS S3, AWS SNS, AWS SQS.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of different database technologies, including RDBMS and No-SQL.
- Understands core business processes and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., transformation, Smart Core, DevOps).
- Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system.
- Understands functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, database, development environment, and deployment practices.
- Roll-up the sleeves and be comfortable to go outside of the comfort zone to achieve the ultimate goals.
- Strong communication skill. Able to present and communicate ideas effectively to business and technology stakeholders from different organization levels.
- Embraces changes/disruptions in digital ecosystem, and continuously learns new technologies.
Yonge & Sheppard and also 120 Bloor St. E. We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.