Manager, Business Planning & Portfolio Management
Requisition ID: 71621
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose:
The Manager, Business Planning & Portfolio Management, Core Deposits & Payments is responsible for delivering tactical and strategic knowledge to the Day to Day Banking and Payments business through business planning and actionable analysis of business trends and results. Incumbent is also responsible for senior management decision making by building and maintaining detailed knowledge of profitability drivers.
This individual would also be deeply involved in portfolio performance management which includes dynamic forecasting, evaluating monthly business results and reviewing quarterly performance of the Day to Day Banking and Payments portfolio. Accountabilities:
Skills and competencies:
- Responsible for business planning process including annual profit planning, 3 year profit planning, stress testing and forecasting.
- Update various reporting outputs and dashboards on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis including coordinating business performance commentary and variance analysis.
- Develop and maintain a process for planning, approving, tracking and reporting department expenses related to both operating and business case expenses.
- Involve in continuous improvement in profitability, competitiveness and positioning in the Day to Day Banking business through actionable business analysis.
- Subject matter expert (SME), combining product knowledge with MIS, practical application of financial management principles, and quantitative analytical skills to support strategic and tactical management decisions.
- 3+ years' experience in product profitability analysis and management reporting.
- Prior experience in forecasting techniques
- Strong working knowledge in the Banking industry, including Day-to-Day Banking, Retail Banking business, best business practices, and policies and emerging competitors.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and deliver high quality results under very tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong inter-personal skills in dealing with all levels of management.
- Expert knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Post-secondary degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or an MBA.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Web Design, Management, Finance, Technology, Creative