Manager Business Process & Change
The General Ledger Program is a multi-year program to replace aging general ledger technology and redesign applicable business processes. The SAP S/4 Finance application is the new General Ledger for BMO and the application will be implemented for the majority of BMO as part of this program. Process redesign will rely heavily on the S/4 best practices and the program will leverage "out of the box" capability.
The overall objective of the program is to generate better financial information to drive business decision making (simplify Finance to drive business performance).
The Program mandate is set as follows:
To implement new general ledger technology and redesign our business processes to optimize its use; redirecting focus from generating financial information to deriving insights that drive business performance. Our priorities include:
- Replacing our current legacy General Ledgers
- Redesigning Financial Processes
- Enabling daily General Ledger information for revenue, expenses and balance sheet information.
Working as part of a team, the Business Process & Change Manager will support the business process design and end user engagement activities associated with the GL Renewal Program. The Business Process & Change Manager will take responsibility for driving the change across multiple teams within Finance, Operations, and other teams within BMO. The Business Process & Change Manager will work directly with leaders (Directors / Managing Directors) from impacted teams to document future state business process documentation, articulate the nature of the change for their employees, and define the action plans required to ensure end user readiness. The Business Process & Change Manager will conduct regular touch point meetings with impacted leaders to progress on readiness activities and manage any issues or emerging risks. The Business Process & Change Manager will escalate any material items to the Director, Business Process & Change. The Business Process & Change Manager will develop a deep understanding of Finance and Operations processes and the intricacies of large scale business and technology transformation programs. An ideal candidate has technical and business experience, works independently, thrives in an agile atmosphere, communicates tactfully, and is able to effectively design, test, and deploy capabilities to drive outcomes
Working as part of a team, the Business Process & Change Manager will act as an ambassador for the GL Renewal Program, leading the business process and change management activities for three or more stakeholder groups impacted as a result of the S/4 HANA implementation and the replacement of legacy applications.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate workshops to understand and document current business process objectives, value drivers, inputs / outputs, participants and key stakeholders. Facilitate proof of concept working sessions on future state business processes leveraging the new technology.
- Create end-to-end process documentation.
- Work with stakeholders to clarify short and long term business improvement goals / opportunities and identify opportunities to optimize the business processes by leveraging the standard General Ledger functionality.
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are obtained, documents reviewed by stakeholders and core project team and capture any controls within process or identify additional controls opportunities where applicable.
- Ensure all future business processes are executed as expected and properly transitioned to business stakeholders during parallel / go live periods.
- Articulation of process and people change impacts through application demos, learning sessions and process review workshops and support during UAT to handle all issues / questions raised
- Participate in various testing cycles ranging from design of test cases, perform testing and analyze test results
- Identifying and resolving any people or process change issues, escalating to leadership where necessary
- Working closely with other project team members to identify and resolving any cross-stakeholder group issues
Experience with the delivery of process design and optimization.
Understanding of process design methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma and value stream mapping.
Experience working with diverse stakeholders and competing agendas, and ability to effectively deal with individuals at all levels within an organization.
Working knowledge of finance processes and accounting principles.
University degree or advanced degree with relevant work experience, preferably in a financial institution including deep knowledge of banking groups and its operations.
Experience with business process mapping and MS Visio.
Consultative skills including the ability to solicit business process requirements, analyze issues, and recommend solutions.
Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and persuasively across all employee levels, and an ability to build trust and influence others in order to achieve results.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Exhibits proficient knowledge of business standards and operational processes.
Ability to ad apt in a fast-paced, changing environment We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.