Manager, Performance Information Mgmt. & BI Reporting
What is the opportunity?
Responsible for the end to development of reporting solutions that support performance management's strategic and tactical priorities. This team supports the following applications Sales & Service Effectiveness, Performance Enablement and Performance Reporting. This role is accountable for the timely delivery of all production reporting solutions; as well provides investigative support as required .
This role plays a critical role in the day-to-day activities that align with RBC's business strategies, outcomes, and objectives to ensure continued focus on enabling leading advice and service for RBC clients that is backed by technological and operational excellence. What will you do?
- Design leading edge, descriptive, incisive and intuitive Performance Reporting capabilities in support of CB Sales' strategic priorities in an Agile environment, including but not limited to: Developing reporting solutions, through effective information gathering with the client, strategy consultants, IT or Retail Banking business partners, analyze, develop, document and QA low to medium complexity metrics and reporting solutions through Agile Approach. Collaborate with our IT partners, assist with the design and implementation of processes of related metrics and reporting
- Provides technical expertise in development, production and test environment issues recommending tactical and permanent solutions
- Reporting Visualization - Think outside the box to how it is best to effectively communicate results while balancing consistency standards across all portals
- Optimize - Improve the efficiency, effectiveness and productivity of existing Performance Reporting solutions to deliver a better product and increase workload capacity.
- Consult and provide expertise on data, reporting and tools that have contributed to the success of the Performance Management Reporting "Centre of Expertise"
- Production and Maintenance: Maintain reporting where applicable, Manage centralized database that can be utilized for reference and production of reports; with eventual migration to RBC data warehouse environment, Streamline existing production process through enhanced technical capabilities and automation where possible. Utilize risk management and prioritization techniques to facilitate fixes to unforeseen issue; perform investigations on data and reporting escalations
- Consulting and Leadership: Development of new reporting platforms (Sales and Service Effectiveness and Performance Enablement, strategy).Prepares and delivers presentations to business partners, selecting the appropriate approach based on audience
What do you need to succeed? Must have:
- Issues Management: Raises any risks, issues or conflicts, develops/recommends mitigation strategies and escalates to senior management where required. Resolves conflicts/issues of all complexities and escalates to others as appropriate.
- Proficient in reporting design/development OBI/Tableau and database design to support reporting development/management
- Highly skilled in SQL, Oracle BI, UNIX and Microsoft applications
- Manipulate data and prepare for deployment using SAS
- Knowledgeable in system thinking, design thinking and organizational behavior with broad understanding of (OBI/Teradata/Data Lake) infrastructure technology
- Considerable amount of creative, innovative and analytical thinking and problem solving with a logical approach to simplify complex processes
- Excellent analytical skills - including data knowledge, data discovery, data aggregation and summarization
- Strong QA and testing fundamentals.
What's in it for you?
- Previous experience in an Agile environment
- General knowledge of Big Data processing
- General knowledge of Canadian Banking
- Bilingual: French
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- The opportunity to work on projects that have genuine, measurable impact: automating manual processes, re-engineering workflows and making reporting faster and more reliable.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- 4 week's vacation