Mobile Developer - Digital Acceleration
We're on a mission:
Are you a curious thinker with innovative ideas and a passion for delivering market-leading digital customer experiences? Make your mark by helping us reimagine how we interact with our customers and create the experiences that matter to them. We're building a team of passionate people, working collaboratively in agile, to reimagine banking for the digital age. Why now and why BMO?
We believe our customers' lives are changing - and we need to change with them. From day-to-day life to the moments that matter, our customers are increasingly defining success in different ways and we need to be there to help. This means meeting our customers where and how they expect to bank.
At BMO, we believe we must respond to our customers by becoming a customer experience-led, digitally-enabled bank. Driven by a deep understanding of our customers and willingness to constantly challenge the status quo, we believe we can meet the challenge before us. How?
We are building experience teams, combining people with different skills and knowledge, to accelerate our customer experience. These teams will work agile, in a vibrant space, and embrace the latest methods, tools, and technologies to drive innovation and change. Self-managed and cross-functional, these teams will be empowered and have the resources and authority to drive a customer-led digital transformation.
As a Mobile Developer
, here's what you will do:
Qualifications What makes you a great fit?
- Decompose user stories and translate them into detailed design specifications and code.
- Interact with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers.
- Design solutions, write code, perform unit testing, develop appropriate artifacts/documentation, and facilitate final delivery.
- Support production issues, including independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Recommend approaches to streamline, automate, and/or integrate technological processes and systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the management of specific product backlog deliverables and outcomes, including managing individual backlog items to completion, as required to deliver milestone objectives.
Required technical skills:
- A university degree/college diploma and/or five years' experience in the IT industry
- Background in banking or finance
- High levels of self-motivation and stamina
- A focus on delivering results with benefits to the customer
- An ability to think creatively, but also pragmatically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of DevOps tooling capabilities (Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, Artifactory and Bamboo) and deployment and configuration management capabilities
- Experience of IaaS/PaaS technologies and cloud computing platforms
- Experience in iOS and Android Development technologies (xCode, Android Studio, Eclipse)
- Experience in Angular 2 and above and Typescript
- Experience in Node JS, npm
- Experience with Visual Studio, Chrome Developer tools
- Knowledge of native iOS and Android development
- Knowledge of mobile app Security Best Practices
- Knowledge of REST/JSON services
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.