Pega Lead Developer
Requisition ID: 58493
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Pega Lead Developer
will provide application design and development, Incident resolution for Production issues, technical documentation and mentoring of junior team members. As well, provide recommendations on best practices and enhancements that are in line with the bank's technology road map. In addition, the Lead Developer
will also work towards ensuring application reliability and stability leveraging an array of monitoring tools. What we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who will work closely with Application development and maintenance teams,Business Analysts,Operataional Support teams and Product owners to provide Incident resolution and application development deliverables.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Maintain, support, and enhance existing applications according to specifications with a high degree of accuracy and functionality.
- Proactively identify gaps and contribute to root-cause problem solving by collaborating with relevant teams and take responsibility over assigned tasks.
- Perform coding, unit testing / Integrated System Testing, debugging, documenting and supports the code implementation process and scripts.
- Work with our Governance and infrastructure teams to ensure the operational stability of our applications, performance optimization and fine tuning based on their recommendations
- Understand the Digital transformation strategies of the bank and implement them in day to day work.
What's in it for you?
- Computer Science Degree; or related work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in Design,Developemnt and maintenance of PRPC applications.
- Experience in leading a small team of developers and taking delivery ownership.
- Fundamentals in Core Java & Object Oriented concepts.
- Experience on PRPC version 7 and above.
- Knowledge of PRPC Best Practices and Direct Capture of Objective.
- Hands on experience in designing and implementing complex workflows.
- Hands on experience with PEGA decision rules.
- Expertise in PRPC Integration with external systems in an enterprise environment.
- [Including but not limited to the following SSO, SOAP, REST, MQ, EMAIL, FILE LISTENERS]
- Reports and Correspondence Generation.
- Knowledge in application performance tuning.
- Knowledge in PEGA product deployment guidelines and process.
- Database Modeling and SQL query Optimization
- UI design and build experience
- Nice to have Agile development, dev ops (Pega deployment manager) and SDLC- all phases of debugging
- Strong problem solving and communication skills with user community.
- Previous production support experience.
- Incident/ Problem life cycle management, reporting problem, triage issue, and closure of issue.
- CSSA or CLSA certification
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Programmer, Computer Science, Database, Finance, Technology