What is the opportunity?
This role is ideal for the Jack/Jill-of-all-trades who wants to be part of a high-performing team. You'll spend about a third of your time identifying and monitoring IT performance and key risks for Corporate Systems (CS); a third managing business-as-usual communications, and the remaining time enhancing Portfolio Strategy & Planning team operations and leading key planning activities for CS. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Operational & IT risk: identify/monitor IT performance and key risk including application availability, systems recoverability, IT problem management and technology currency program for our business partners.
- Business communications: manage digital/collaboration business-as-usual communications and enhance the CS brand within RBC and beyond.
- Portfolio Strategy & Planning team operations: lead knowledge management initiatives to drive team effectiveness and efficiency and a transition to a business agile way-of-working, aligned with the bank's strategic priority and Technology & Operations Centre of Excellence best practices.
- Reporting: support creation by content owners of high-quality material and develop executive reports using this content.
- Project management: develop a CS-wide approach including reviewing/updating existing processes and identifying and implementing ways to cross-share related knowledge and best practices.
- Execute other key strategic portfolio initiatives driven by CS senior leaders.
- Proven track record in executing multiple initiatives simultaneously in an environment with rapidly evolving priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in quickly become a subject-matter expert e.g. learn new technology, best-practices etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and build sustainable, transparent relationships / partnerships and coach/partner across a matrixed organization
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a business management or technology area
What's in it for you?
- Certification/designation in communications, change or risk management
- 2+ years in the financial services or other regulated industries
- Experience working with executives and senior management/leadership teams
- Proficiency with business intelligence applications, Microsoft Office and/or project management tools
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies