Production Support Analyst
What is the opportunity?
You will partner across IT and multiple business lines to ensure the smooth functioning of a critical social collaboration application in RBC allowing the 60,000 internal users of the application to be more productive in their day-to-day business work. This will involve assessment, research, and analysis of business, technical, and system needs in order to pre-empt issues before they arise as well as resolve business/technical systems issues when they arise. In addition you will be responsible for production support for other enterprise-wide application in the Digital Workplace Solutions. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Monitor production environment (24*7) and respond appropriately to production issues (in conjunction with other onshore and offshore team).
- Drive resolution of production issues by working with vendor(s) to resolve incidents.
- Plan and deploy releases to the production environment (in conjunction with the development team).
- Apply code changes to the controlled development environments (QA/IST) and resolve infrastructure/integration issues as required.
- Demonstrate and guide the offshore support team as and when required.
- Maintain technology currency, ensure compliance, and drive risk/audit findings to completion, coordinate DR tests and address security vulnerabilities when identified.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation (resolution procedures, operating manuals) and bin for tickets and deployments.
- Manage and coordinate infrastructure components with owners (servers, load balancers, proxies (outbound), reverse proxies (inbound), email routing relays, retention vault, binary storage, SSO server etc.).
- Technical/Functional knowledge of the following: Linux RHEL, UNIX, SQL, JAVA, SQL database, Windows Server
- 3-5 years production Support experience.
- Experience in working with 3rd Party Vendor(s).
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC), also referred to as the application development life-cycle. Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Good planning, time management, documentation skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Strong analytical, problem solving skills.
What's in it for you?
- Agile mindset and team player. IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM & Audit Requirements.
- Experience with social collaboration tools.
- Urban Code Deploy
- Network Security
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Opportunity to work in an innovative, high-performing team, and agile team with a quick turnaround on ideas and suggestions.
- Opportunity to learn about and grow skills in new technologies and get experience on supporting an enterprise-wide critical application.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Be a key enabler of RBC agile and technology transformation.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
TEC http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs