Programmer Analyst - II
Requisition ID: 71804
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. This is a one year contract for maternity replacement. The Team
The Application Support team is responsible for providing production support and maintaining applications within Global Payments Technology that services our commercial and corporate clients. With your BA and developer teammates, the vision is to provide technical support and solutions to meet the needs of our customers. The role:
To support the vision, we are seeking a Programmer Analyst who will play an important part in the team and help the team achieve the desired goals by contributing technically and analytically to meet the needs of our partners and help find a solution to the issues our customers face. You will work closely with Application development and maintenance teams, Business Analysts, Operational Support teams to provide Incident resolution and application development deliverables. You will be expected to provide recommendations on best practices and enhancements that are in line with the bank's technology road map. In addition, the candidate will also work towards ensuring application reliability and stability leveraging an array of monitoring tools. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Efficiently support applications to meet business objectives by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and design to help maintain programs according to standards. The incumbent must ensure programs and applications developed and or supported meet the high availability, integrity and reliability of the on-line transaction processing environment
- Provide production support to assigned applications by identifying, evaluating, escalating, resolving problems and supporting other team members. The incumbent is required to be part of a rotation to carry the on-call phone approximately 50% of the time to ensure systems support is readily available and that systems are operational according to documented user service level agreements.
- Assist project leader or Manager by supervising more junior staff, providing backup support to the Project Leader or Manager, assisting with the development of detailed workplaces and monitoring progress against plan.
- Provide technical guidance and review to other team members by conducting technical walkthroughs.
- Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, document, self teach new technologies and maintain an understanding of the department's business and technology strategies.
The incumbent must have a complete knowledge of the following technical skills:
What's in it for you?
- AIX / UNIX Command line expertise and shell script programming
- Database and programming languages (C, Shell scripts, SQL and Informix)
- Familiarity with file transfer protocols (FTP, FTPS, SSH/SFTP, Connect:Direct)
- Familiarity with networking protocols including TCP/IP
- Multiple operating platforms, such as UNIX, VAX, AS400, Mainframe
- Object oriented programming (i.e. C ++) and database technology
- Development techniques, such as debugging, testing, coding, use of productivity tools
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Programmer, Database, Technology, Finance