Programmer Analyst Advisory (Java/Spring)
Requisition ID: 63275
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
The Global Wholesale, Wealth, and Risk Technology - Derivatives team is responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading desk. The incumbent is responsible for the hands-on development and testing of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
This is primarily a back-end / server-side developer role, implementing Java services that support trade booking or integrate with external market data vendors and electronic platforms using Straight-Through Processing. The role also includes database development, using a mix of SQL and noSQL technologies.
Previous experience in Capital markets and a good knowledge in financial instruments, ranging from derivative products (IR, Credit, and Equity) to foreign exchange is a bonus. What we are looking for?
We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem solving skills. In this role be expected to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment. You must possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems design and development techniques, including testing methodologies, and keep current with rapidly changing technology. Are you the right person for the role?
What's in it for you?
- 7+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Spring Boot with an emphasis on Web or REST services.
- 5+ years of experience with relational or no sql databases.
- Experience with REST, Microservices Architecture, Event Driven Architecture,
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Sql Server, Redis
- Experience with Maven, Git, Docker
- Has Worked in an Agile Environment.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Equity, Developer, Java, Bank, Banking, Finance, Technology