We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
At CIBC we are committed to growing our Enterprise Anti-Money Laundering (EAML) practice. Our EAML team is continuously challenging themselves to find new and innovative approaches to further our investigative ability and leverage technical innovations to become a leading EAML organization. We are looking for likeminded individuals who are keen on fighting financial crime and who have a critical eye to look at new ways to solve old problems.
The EAML group is responsible for all aspects of CIBC's Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing regime. This includes development of policies and procedures, training, and investigative activities that may indicate money laundering, terrorist financing or sanctions violation, or other high-risk activities.
As the Director of EAML Transformation - Actimize Product Owner, you will contribute to key transformative initiatives within EAML focused on modernizing our systems, processes, and monitoring of EAML by investigators. The Financial Crimes Transformation Program (FCTP) is a key transformative initiative within EAML specifically focused on advancing our investigative ability through better data, analytics, and tools. As the Product Owner, you will be responsible for its success as well as defining future opportunities to support transformation and modernization of legacy EAML systems, tools, and processes. In working with your team and stakeholders, you will lead Sprint and delivery planning and execution on time, on budget, within scope, and within quality. You will be accountable for Sprint outputs in accordance with CIBC's Program and Project Delivery Policy and Enterprise Delivery Framework. You will partner with multiple stakeholders throughout the bank including EAML teams and technology teams to ensure cohesive program execution. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Project Management and Delivery - Apply consistent program and project management practices across team (matrix and non-matrix delivery environment). You will be accountable for release delivery, establish key project objectives and milestones.
- Resource Management - Contribute to program and project budgets and resource plans for projects, forecast and monitors costs for each project. You will support the Senior Director and FCPT Lead in the oversight of key strategic projects and initiatives.
- Effective Leadership - Provide leadership and effective management to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team, and to their job by setting appropriate context when assigning work to link the employee's work to organizational/business unit goals. This position has direct reports.
What CIBC Offers
- You can demonstrate experience in working in a project management role for a minimum of 5+ years in the financial services industry. You have previous experience with delivery execution and business systems management. You like unravelling complex problems with multiple parts and relish in seeing great ideas coming to life and are able to effectively engage stakeholders. It is an asset if you have background in transformative delivery specifically in Anti-Money Laundering and/ if you have experience in an agile environment.
- You have a degree in a related field with extensive experience in financial services.
- You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You are a bold and accountable leader. You have experience developing and implementing strategic team goals. You have experience coaching employees and developing successful team performance.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-CC East 13th Floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours