Quality Assurance Tools Administrator - (DevOps/ Selenium/ Bamboo/ Jira/ Zephyr Standalone / JAWS/ Linux)
Qualifications Core Knowledge:
- Responsible for providing QA tools administration support to BMO developers.
- Owner of the test automation/management toolkit that includes tools such as Selenium, Appium, Smartbear SoapUI, Atlassian JIRA, JAWS, Bamboo and Zephyr standalone.
- Provides L1, L2 and L3 support as day to day activities in an Agile manner.
- Supports Currency or Tool Upgrade projects or initiatives related to the above-mentioned toolset.
- Assist in developing test tooling best practices, usage guidance or trainings as necessary.
- Actively works with stakeholders to enable automated testing into the DevOps pipeline.
- Mentors the junior team members in best practices for supporting current toolset and latest industry trends in Continuous Testing domain.
- Actively works with stakeholders in defining the future state of test tools, environmental design, implementations and operations related activities.
- Handles tool unavailability incidents and works with the vendors or internal teams to resolve technical issues. Conduct detailed root cause analysis and provides recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
- Work with the internal teams to ensure all servers are patched for any identified vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Work with software delivery methodologies, frameworks and best practices (Agile and Iterative Waterfall) and DevOps operations and integration of testing into the DevOps CI/CD pipeline
- Facilitates or completes analysis, design and configuration of viable solutions to highly complex technology problems that would improve tool availability and support activities.
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver tooling requirements that reflect the needs of both the testers & developers.
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommends / decides on appropriate designs
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Generally 8-10 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems.
- Experience as an administrator (or strong user) of QA tools and related best practices for the following tools:
- Must have : Selenium, Appium, Smartbear SoapUI, Atlassian JIRA, JAWS, Bamboo and Zephyr standalone.
- Nice to have: HP ALM/QC, HP PC, HP UFT / Unix-Linux
- Experience in leading version or infrastructure upgrades projects relating to the tools.
- Experience in transforming the tool set capabilities towards automated testing and continuous testing.
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of required programming or scripting languages and can code/script with little oversight
- Possesses knowledge of Agile, DevOps best practices and new tooling capabilities for integrating testing into the DevOps pipeline (Continuous Testing)
- Understands core business processes and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., transformation, smart core, dev ops)
- Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system
- Understands functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices
120 Bloor St. E. (Bloor & Church) We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.