Security Infrastructure Engineer
Global Information & Technology Risk Management (GITRM) is a division of BMO that combines Information Security, Information Management and Technology Risk into a comprehensive department. GITRM's mandate is to provide sound governance and guidance on information and technology risk and to provide critical services central to protecting the Bank against cyber threats. The core principle of Information Security is to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information. GITRM achieves this through the development and implementation of strategies, investment plans, services and solutions that support and enable BMO lines of business to operate securely in an increasingly connected global environment. This includes:
- Setting and driving adoption of the overall strategy for information and technology risk, including cyber security for the Bank
- Establishing and providing governance over the policies, standards, and directives that guide the lines of business in protecting their information and technology assets within the boundaries of their risk appetite
- Delivering enterprise solutions and services that support the cyber security strategy in a timely and cost effective manner
- Develops and implements Information Security platform/infrastructure strategies for the Bank
- Core: Develops, tests and implements information security platforms/infrastructures for BMO. Provides cybersecurity subject matter expertise and advanced technical support. Builds the plans and roadmaps for future-focused IS solutions based on technical and business strategies, organizational growth and anticipated changes in the threat landscape.
- System Engineering: Works with stakeholders to recommend information security solutions based on engineering requirements. Ensures that information security systems and infrastructure align with business value and are technically sound and well-integrated.
- Production Support: Responsible for timely response to escalations of critical issues to evaluate solutions, coordinate recovery and ensure resolution.
- Education: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Security and/or equivalent formal training plus industry/technical certifications.
- Background: Technical and system-level expertise in one or more information security solutions and/or extensive background in IT design and engineering.
- Security Infrastructure Engineering Specialist
- The individual will be responsible for evaluating and testing new security solutions and identifying the gaps.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining information security platforms to meet requirements for security functionality, performance, scalability and resiliency.
- Researches and tests new cybersecurity products and innovations to support tactical and strategic decision making.
- Develops and implements changes to streamline and integrate security processes and systems in the organization.
- Leads continuous improvement activities and root cause analysis with the goal of strengthening information security capabilities.
- Works with operations analysts and vendors to troubleshoot complex issues and develops relationships with vendors/LOBs/stakeholders.
- Provides advice and subject matter expertise in support of LOB and Technology needs related to information security platforms and services.
- Contributes to strategic plans, technology roadmaps, and standards and promotes adherence to them.
- Leads detailed design reviews and makes recommendations for changes/enhancements.
- Takes a leadership role in projects to implement new capabilities, significant upgrades, and product retirement.
- Possesses excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills to communicate effectively within the team and with technology/business partners.
- Stays abreast of industry, technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities, and individual learning.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the information security capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities and professional networks both within GITRM and across BMO.
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Hands on experience testing security solutions and ability to learn new technologies
- Experience with conducting proof of concepts, define use cases, success criteria and recommendations.
- Deep understanding of the security threat landscape, and critical thinking to evaluate solutions.
Additional Background Requirements:
- Understands the scope of complexity that exists in the computing environment and the ways which security platforms impact that environment.
- Knowledge of information security design and engineering concepts, practices, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience.
- Knowledge of the technical/business environment and the corporate processes and procedures.
- Possesses an understanding of multiple information security platforms and able to solve complex issues, with deep/advanced understanding of at least one information security platform.
We're here to help
- 4 -7 years of work experience in related fields (e.g. IS operations, IT design & engineering)
- At least one certification in a related field, with strong preference for Information Security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS)
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.