Senior Analyst Fraud Analytics
The Fraud Analytics Analyst is accountable to identify and understand new and emerging patterns of fraud both external and internal and apply statistical, data mining and pattern analysis techniques to determine the relationships between banking transactions and known/predicted fraudulent behaviours. This role will use the identified behaviours to develop scenarios and profiles that intercept and interrupt fraud/ balancing the projected impact on customer services and Bank resources against the expected returns from improved fraud detection abilities .
Apply sophisticated modeling techniques and an understanding of the latest advances in fraud analytics and predictive/analytical models, to a wide range of products and services across the P&C North America /BMO Financial Group customer base to identify and understand new and emerging patterns and create scenarios used to intercept and interrupt fraud.
Develop and maintain models and metrics in particular the scenarios, profiles and parameters used to improve the efficiency of P&C fraud detection systems. This includes:
• Identifying and understanding new and emerging patterns, both external and internal and applying statistical, data mining and pattern analysis techniques to determine the relationships between banking transactions and known/predicted transactions.
• Developing scenarios and profiles that intercept and interrupt fraudulent transactions balancing the projected impact on customer services and Bank resources against the expected returns from improved fraud detection abilities.
• Regularly evaluating the effectiveness of the scenarios, profiles, and parameters to identify, adjust and mitigate deterioration in their predictive power. Qualifications
Analytic Thinking In-depth
Data Mining & Modeling Expert
Problem Solving in-depth
Information Management In-depth
Applied Innovation Working
Risk Management Working
Project Management Working
Managerial Leadership Basic
- Masters preferred
- In-depth technical development skill and sound knowledge of advanced technology concepts
- Deep understanding of specialized technical/business processes within P&C
- Good knowledge of Bank products, services, organization and interrelationships
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Crimes, including current fraud modalities, techniques/AML behaviors
- Expert knowledge of Statistical Analysis and Human Behavior Modeling
- Knowledge of Data Mining Tools
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.