Senior Application Software Developer
- Accountable for the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications in support of the Lines of Business strategies.
- Some Specific Functions Of This Role:
- Writes high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements
- Leads in development, testing and implementation of small to mid-size initiatives
- Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
- Contributes to successful completion of project deliverables
- Provides support to team members and application
- Support analyst.
- Developing ASP.NET MVC, .Net Core projects
- Working knowledge of programing languages including , SQL Server, Java and PythonS
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, and experience working with modern SPA frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc)
- Understanding of Version Control principles and strategies to enable large development teams
- Experience with Git is a plus
- Familiarity or passion to learn client-side frameworks (such as jQuery, Bootstrap, Sass, etc.)
- Significant experience working with the Microsoft stack of technologies including Windows Server, MSSQL, IIS, Visual Studio, etc.
- Solid understanding of design patterns, distributed systems, and enterprise development best practices
- Experience with digital marketing (personalization, multivariate testing, email campaigns, etc.) a strong plus
- Team-player with strong collaboration skills
- Familiarity with agile and scrum development processes
- Experience developing solutions using engineering patterns and principles such as domain driven design (DDD), event driven design (EDD), and CQR
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of work experience required
- Work closely with DevOps team to orchestrate monitoring and alert coverage for all systems
We're here to help
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate and determined
- Egoless nature
- A continuous learner
- Follow through consistently on work commitments
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com/ .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.