Senior Audit Manager - Audit Analytics
Under the direction of the Director, Audit Analytics and Innovation, the Senior Audit Manager Audit Analytics is responsible for analytics in support of audit engagements that critically assess management and its internal control processes. Consults on and develops analytical solutions to understand, analyze, and synthesize requirements, goals and objectives relative to data and business intelligence needs and to enable high-quality, fact-based business decisions to drive better business outcomes; provides advice on the configuration, functionality, applicability, and usability of data management, data analytics, and data visualization technology solutions; supports the development of the strategy and roadmap for data quality and data analytics, data modeling, reporting, business intelligence, and the design and development of sophisticated decision support tools.
An effective audit function provides vital assurance to the Board of Directors and senior management as to the quality and effectiveness of the internal control system and in so doing helps reduce the risk of loss and reputational damage to the Enterprise. The function is instrumental in identifying high risk circumstances that could lead to material impact on profitability or reputation.
The Senior Audit Manager, Audit Analytics is a people manager and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
Key Dimensions of Capability:
- Manages and leads delivery of data analytics solutions and technical stack including managing production promotion and data governance for Corporate Audit Analytics team
- Contributes to and supports application audits and other audit portfolios with analytics development and code assessments as required
- Leads and supports analytics for audit departmental reporting with focus on automation and self-serve capability
- Efficiently defines and executes projects as may be assigned supporting the Division
- Using data analysis, provide fair and balanced insights into current, emerging, and potential issues, themes, trends and opportunities that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of control processes.
- Develop and maintain strong working relations with audit team members and auditees as required
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor related to audit
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices
- Leads the execution of ad-hoc analytics and reporting solutions and cyclical programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution
- Oversees the development and delivery of tools and training reporting tools and self-serve analytics by non-analytical end users (may include training)
- Develops and manages comprehensive information management systems; designs and/or leads initiatives to improve processes, analysis and reporting
- Designs, develops, and implements innovative analytical solutions, ad hoc reports and dashboards
- Builds reports and visualizations to effectively communicate data driven insights to users for a variety of audiences e.g. visualization solutions of data into reports, graphics, dashboards to illustrate facts, trends, and insights
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Supports development and execution of strategic analytics & reporting initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Analyzes data and information to provide subject-matter insights and recommendations
- Documents and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to analytical and reporting processes
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends
- Ensures own work and the work of subordinates is well executed in accordance with Corporate Audit's standards and that their judgments are sound, well documented and repeatable and conducted with integrity and consistent with professional standards.
- Continues to develop a highly engaged team with specialised expertise.
- Directs staff in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of Corporate Audit and the Enterprise, contributing to a strong and effective culture.
- Manages regular performance and performance assessment of all staff for which they are responsible. Recognize the appropriate value of timing of rewards.
- Is a positive role model for others, demonstrating the principles and values set by the Corporate Audit and the Enterprise.
- Drive positive change in the company by delivering high quality work.
- Continue to develop a highly engaged team with specialized expertise.
- Maintain the independence of the audit practice and its personnel.
- Supporting staff in the management of their careers and realization of their professional goals.
Nice to have skills
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge in risk, audit or business/corporate function.
- High level of knowledge in internal controls and risk assessment
- Data preparation, data analysis, and statistical tool sets including but not limited to Spotfire, Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, MAtlab, SPSS
- Ability to undertake self-directed learning to understand processes and systems Experiential knowledge of programming languages such as Java and C+
- Excellent knowledge of relational database structures and underlying concepts
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert
- Collaboration & team skills
- Able to manage ambiguity
- Good interpersonal, relationship
- Planning and organising skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working level leadership and managerial skills.
- Working level negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Strategic and tactical thinking capabilities
- Data driven decision making
- Project management skills that incorporate change management, business requirements, design (including data flow mapping), prototyping, development, testing, training, and CAATT production support
We're here to help
- Graduate degree is an asset,
- Knowledge of Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATTs) and data analysis
- Experience building and/or supporting continuous audit programs
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.