Senior Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 67647
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for research and analysis leading to the definition of requirements and processes to assist in the resolution of complex business problems for the supported Line of Business. The incumbent is also responsible for participating in the testing of new systems or enhancements, the training of users, and providing ongoing support to all supported units worldwide. Key Accountabilities:
- Assist the Senior Manager/Project Manager in resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the needs of the supported Line of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Provide business support to all global units, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements. This is made more challenging due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
- Assist the project manager by supervising up to 2 junior staff, providing backup support to the project manager, and assisting with the development of detailed project plans and monitoring of progress against planned objectives.
- 3-5 years of progressive Business Analysis experience in a technical environment within a large matrixed organization.
- The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to assist in the resolution of complex business problems.
- Must possess very good interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively work with end users and members of a project team. The incumbent is expected to use diplomacy, judgement, and persuasion to secure agreement and co-operation from departments involved in a project.
- Has a good understanding of current EDP practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools, and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
- Knowledge of AML Solutions and List Management is highly desirable
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Finance, Technology, Legal