Senior Business Systems Analyst
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst working within the HR and Compensation Technology BA team, you will be responsible for execution of all aspects of requirements delivery - planning, elicitation, analysis and documentation, management, and support - for changes to Business Areas and Technology for Bonus Allocation technology solutions on medium to large size projects. You will be based in Toronto and will be required to possess excellent communication skills dealing with HR teams, senior stakeholders, business management, QA, developers and 3rd party vendor on a frequent basis. Additionally, you should be capable of generating independent ideas and able to work effectively within a global team split across several different locations and time zones. You will become the Subject Matter Expert with incentive compensation (ICM) business processes and application systems supporting Personal and Commercial Banking line of business. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Lead detailed requirement phases identifying, tracking, escalating and/or resolving business issues.
- Develop plans, define the business analysis approach and accurate estimates for completion of requirements, continuously improving the level of detail and accuracy of estimates. Manage risks, assumptions and constraints for requirements, and communicate to appropriate parties.
- Assess, research, analyze, applying elicitation techniques and document sponsor/stakeholder needs in accordance with Project Life Cycle and EPMF deliverables utilizing reporting tools and other Requirements Centre of Excellence (CoE) guidelines and best practices.
- Recommend business solutions that satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs continually exploring and assessing options for value-add for clients. Prepare and deliver presentations to business partners and senior management, selecting the appropriate approach based on the audience. Contribute to successful project completion within budget and on time by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
- Assists in developing test plans, test cases, and execute testing including leading the systems and acceptance testing by facilitating participation of appropriate staff in project completion.
- Resolve conflicts/issues of medium complexity and escalate others as appropriate.
- Provide direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of more junior staff.
- Provide support to ICM Production Support team in analyzing and debugging production issues. Perform small to medium configuration tasks for ICM application.
- 5-10 years' experience working as a Business Systems Analyst with progressively increasing responsibilities in the areas of requirements management in medium to large projects in technology or in a similar position.
- Expertise documenting workflows and data mapping to support development and reporting needs.
- Proven experience in different requirement methodologies: interviewing, data modeling, business process modeling, use cases, user stories, user interface design, iterative methodologies and traditional waterfall approach.
- Experience in Risk Assessment & Quantification methodologies and dealing with conflicts and issues resolution and escalation.
- Technical skills: Technical acumen across major technology platforms. Ability to write medium complexity SQL queries and working knowledge of SQL.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative. Proven ability to own a book of work and communicate with senior business stakeholders.
What's in it for you?
- Technical skills: Working knowledge of Linux platforms. Working knowledge of SharePoint administration.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Project Management Institute Professional in Business Analysis Certification (PMI - PBA).
- Excellent collaboration skills, attention to detail, gap analysis, and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services