Senior Full Stack Engineer - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 59510
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Overview
Reporting to the Principal Engineer in PLATO , the Senior Full Stack Engineer should have previous experience with big data solutions on cloud, large-scale data processing systems, software engineering, and object-oriented design, development, and implementation on enterprise platforms / large-scale data infrastructures. An extensive knowledge of information technology, data warehouse, Cloud technologies and big data industry practices is also a must.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer must also prove to have analytical, problem-solving, and trouble shooting skills in order to quickly and effectively resolve problems in a demanding, dynamic, and high-paced environment. The ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects is key. Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details. What we are looking for?
1. Manage and participate "hands-on" in the implementation of centralized code control, software release builds and testing, as well as application deployment mechanisms to development, testing and production environments. Also responsible to evangelize and train other agile team members on the use of the tools and best practices that ensure incremental new functionality and fixes are deployed with the frequency they are needed by the project team. Expertise in Continous Integration and Development using Jenkins is mandatory. Using Cloud native tools will be part of day to day activities.
2. Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of code management, automated release builds and code deployment. Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, release build testing and code deployment.
3. May be required to carry a beeper/mobile phone and be available at all times to provide support to the system during release builds.
4. Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plans, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required. Also required to provide post implementation support and training to the computer operations staff on the production processing functionality.
5. Maintain a good understanding of the division's business strategies, business policies, risk management and IT processes and disciplines. In addition, required to provide leadership and specialized consultation in defining, planning and maintaining a strategy for the architecture, development and implementation of technology and systems.
6. Ensure the department's objectives are met by assisting in recruiting qualified staff, providing input to performance appraisals on time and maintaining up to date knowledge of technology, industry and business practices.
7. The Senior Full Stack Engineer is guided by Bank policy and receives broad direction from the Senior Manager/Director, and general direction from the Project Manager for the projects assigned. The Senior Full Stack Engineer is expected to function independently to identify opportunities for automation or efficiency, to introduce new technologies and to ensure that the department's objectives are met. Are you the right person for the role?
Must have hands on technical working experience with:
• Systems Analysis & Design
• Agile development using Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
• Latest NoSQL technologies/Hadoop/Hive/Hbase
• Google Cloud Platform and native cloud tools like Kubernetes, Dataflow , GCS , Cloud SQL , PUBSUB, Spanner
• Streaming framework like KAFKA
• Continuous Integration & Deployment concepts; and
Asset to have the following:
• Multiple computing platforms, such as UNIX, Windows, Linux, Windows, and knowledge of the different APIs needed to deploy application in an automated way.
• Strong in Programming languages (JAVA, Python , UNIX shell scripts).
• Database technologies (DB2, MS SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle).
• Database performance and tuning
• Working knowledge of PowerBuilder
• General knowledge of credit risk management
• Broad knowledge of non-retail banks products
• Good knowledge of current computer / technology services.
**Computer Science Degree or equivalent** What's in it for you?
• The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
• A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
• A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
• Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
• A competitive compensation and benefits package.
• An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Engineer, Database, Oracle, Banking, Technology, Engineering, Finance