Senior Java Developer/Technical Lead
Requisition ID: 70057
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
This position belongs to a highly skilled and fast growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) team. This team's mandate is to build and support next generation of applications on platform utilizing the cloud through software-as-a-service. The ideal candidate will be working in an agile environment with passion for continuous improvement. Firsthand experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products will be beneficial What we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who will work closely with business analysts, business users, project managers and other developers to achieve effective and efficient solutions.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Analyze, design, develop and deploy software in an agile and CIAD environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing applications.
- Work alongside with teammates to elevate technology, consistently apply best practices and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in B2B and is familiar with most of the following software / tools / technologies:
- Relational Database : Oracle / Sybase
- Build Automation Technologies: Gradle / Maven, Jenkins
- J2EE Standards: XML, JSP, Servlets, Angular JS, JDBC
- Scripting Languages: Perl, Shell
- Web Services: Tomcat / WebLogic
- O/S: Linux / Sun Solaris
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable to deliver multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with any of the following software / tools / technologies:
What's in it for you?
- Technlogies: Hadoop / Spark / Kafka / Kx / PLATO
- Infrastructure Autmation Technologies: Docker
- Relatinal Database : PostgraSQL / MySQL
- Mdern Programming Languages: Python
- Autmated Scheduler: Tidal / Airflow / AutoSys
- DevOps experience in building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like Jenkins, puppet, etc.
- Experience in developing Financial/Banking applications.
- A recognized under-graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related discipline.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Java, Technology, Finance, Engineering